Skip to main content

I have just bought a Galaxy Watch 7 and have paired it via bluetooth etc fine with my S24 mobile phone.  I am trying to set up LTE so I don't necessarily have to carry my mobile with me.  However I keep getting an error stating that "E53306 - your airtime plan is not compatible with the Smartwatch Pairing service - please contact your call centre".  In the top corner of this error page is the logo of 3, my previous mobile contract provider.  I am now with ID Mobile and never had 3 on this mobile phone.  Is there someway to manually get rid of my phone believing that I am still on 3 please?  Do I need to contact ID Mobile?  I am at a loss on how to solve this.  Many thanks.

Unfortunately @Remfanuk, iD Mobile don’t currently support use of their eSIM products with wearable devices. 

that’s a shame...any idea why the error comes up with the 3 logo as i haven’t had them on this phone or sim?  thank you.

I can only suggest this happens because iD Mobile provide their network services via the Three UK mobile network infrastructure, @Remfanuk

@Remfanuk -

Would suggest updating your APN settings.

Thanks.

Thanks both...everything looks fine in the APN settings...there is no mention of the 3 network...and the only difference is that the name is “ID Internet”, which I assume has nothing to do with my issue.  Is there any update on the roll out of eSims to support me using my Galaxy smart watch please?  And, will this only effect calls and not whatsapp, sms, etc?  Thank you

@Remfanuk -

eSIM for wearables is on the roadmap, but don’t have an ETA unfortunately. Thanks.

@Remfanuk -

Thanks.

I have checked that my phone is compatible with eSim after visiting the page you referenced in your reply to me.  I have also seen on the eSim support page that there is a step by step guide on how to set this up.  So if this feature is enabled on your network, why can I not use the LTE feature on my phone and/or Galaxy smart watch?  Thank you.

@Remfanuk -

Thanks.

I have checked that my phone is compatible with eSim after visiting the page you referenced in your reply to me.  I have also seen on the eSim support page that there is a step by step guide on how to set this up.  So if this feature is enabled on your network, why can I not use the LTE feature on my phone and/or Galaxy smart watch?  Thank you.

There should be no issues using eSIM on your phone, just won’t be compatible with the Galaxy Watch, which is why you can’t use LTE on it. Thanks.

@Remfanuk -

Thanks.

There should be no issues using eSIM on your phone, just won’t be compatible with the Galaxy Watch, which is why you can’t use LTE on it. Thanks.

Ok...thanks...will it ever be compatible from your side of things?  is it just a case of waiting until ID does this?

@Remfanuk -

Yes, it’s on the roadmap. But don’t have an ETA just yet. Thanks.