Skip to main content

Hi, I swapped from EE to ID a month ago and received a text saying all had transferred successfully and my number was remaining the same, however I have received a notification saying that my iMessage and FaceTime for my number is no longer active. Can anyone advise how to fix this please? Thanks!

Hi @Jennifer Isabella 

Please try the following;

1) Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
2) Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3) Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct. 
4) If it is not correct, please enter the correct number
5) Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
6) Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under "Start new conversations from:"

If you are having issues with step 4 please reset network settings and try again.

Settings > General > Transfer or Reset RDevice] > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Tom

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the above guide. Unfortunately I am still receiving a notification saying a need to insert my old sim

for iMessage and FaceTime to work on my existing number. However this didn’t work either as it was a different network. 

Thanks,

Jen 

Hey there @Jennifer Isabella, sorry to hear that. 

To confirm, do you have the iD Mobile SIM card in the phone currently, or active if it’s an eSIM?

Thanks,

Tyler

Hi Tyler,

Yes, I currently have the ID mobile sim in my phone. 
Thanks,

Jen 

@Jennifer Isabella,

Is this a new handset?

Please ensure that iMessage and Facetime is disabled on the old handset if so.

It may be worth resetting your network settings and try activating iMessage again, it can sometimes take a few tries.

Kash

Hi Kash,

The above hasn’t worked either. 
Is there anywhere I could take my phone to for someone to have a look?

Thanks,

Jen

Hi Kash,

The above hasn’t worked either. 
Is there anywhere I could take my phone to for someone to have a look?

Thanks,

Jen

You could take your iPhone to an Apple store, @Jennifer Isabella

Is the mobile number you wanted to keep linked to more than one Apple device under your Apple ID? 

Hi @Jennifer Isabella, are you able to let us know if you’re still having an issue with this?

If so, feel free to respond and we’ll be happy to send a PM to investigate the issue further.

-Lauren

Hi Lauren,

Yes, still having the same message appear.

I don't have an Apple Store local so struggling to take my phone there. 

I have an image of the message but my phone number is on it so reluctant to post it on here. 

Thanks,

Jen

Hi @Jennifer Isabella,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash