Solved

Moving From Sim only to pay monthly and keeping my number

Userlevel 1

Hi I am currently on 1 month sim only with iD and have just purchased a phone through an external company on 24 month contract with iD and wish to cancel 1 month sim transferring the number to my new contract. The only reason I didnt upgrade through iD was because they didnt have the phone I wanted. Hope this can be done otherwise another number change in three years!! Thanks for your help.

icon

Best answer by andewhite 13 May 2024, 16:08

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Alas @Candyman666, at iD Mobile they won’t transfer your number from one iD account to another iD account. 

To keep your number, you could do a triangle port as follows: 

1. Get a PAC from iD for number you want to keep.
  2. Switch number you want to keep to a new PAYG service provider (e.g. ASDA Mobile, giffgaff, etcetera)
  3. Once the number you want to keep has switched to the new provider, get a PAC from them.
  4. Give your PAC from step 3) to iD for your new iD 24-month handset contract.

It’s a faff and will take several days or more - good luck.

Userlevel 1

Hi, thanks for the quick reponse. I thought that was the case. Hey ho nevermind, I will have to dig out that Sarty SIM. Best regards.

Userlevel 4

Hey there @Candyman666, welcome to Community!

Thank you for your support @andewhite, and you’re totally correct. You can’t transfer a phone number from one contract to another on the same network I’m afraid, a triangle port would need to take place as explained by @andewhite above.

Kind regards,

Tyler