Skip to main content

I have tried everything to get this working been over 24 hours still not activated. Spoke to Apple tried all resets etc nothing……..what next?

@Sid75 -

Follow these steps carefully from start to finish.

Thanks.

Done this already……..

In that case @Sid75 - I’d suggest contacting Apple Support, as iMessage is a service they provide. Thanks.

Just have and they said it’s at your end…….there is a lot of this issue on your help boards can you escalate this to the technical team please.

Hmmmm passing the buck

@Sid75 - Unfortunately, Apple are very quick to blame the networks. I had the same issue as you for both my Vodafone an iD Mobile SIM (at the same time) and they blamed Vodafone and ourselves. The issue does lie with Apple.

I would suggest trying the steps again, and waiting 48 hours, but don’t toggle it on and off in the interim as it causes the time to restart. When I spoke to Apple that’s what they advised me ‘24-48 hours’.
Thanks.

I had the same error:

Once your iPhone restarts, connect to a stable Wi-Fi network and wait 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, pop your iD Mobile SIM back into your iPhone.

This step is very important, as it takes 30 minutes to deregister your number from Apple’s servers. Thanks.

Just been onto the online customer service they suggested a new sim………fingers crossed 

@Sid75 -

Hope the replacement SIM works for you. Thanks.