Skip to main content

I’ve just received my new phone and my new SIM card. The phone says the SIM is not provisioned.

I’ve tried a different SIM (also ID Mobile) in the phone and it’s fine. I’ve tried the SIM in a different phone and the problem is the same.

I have an existing ID Mobile account but this is a second one. I can’t add this one to my existing account because the phone number isn’t recognised. So I can’t try activating the SIM.

I’ve turned the phone off and on again. I’ve tried flight mode. I’ve tried in a different location. Nothing is working. 

Okay @NickiP, your new iD SIM should be active and ready to use. 

Unfortunately, seems like you’ve received a faulty / inactive iD SIM, or perhaps the new iD account was somehow been barred.

If your new handset is eSIM capable, getting a replacement eSIM might be the fastest way to resolve your problem.

Hi @NickiP,

Welcome to the Community!

It looks like @andewhite has answered your query.

If you require further assistance, please give us a should.

Kash

Just adding this in case anyone else has the same problem as me - a replacement SIM didn’t help - the problem was that the account hadn’t been set up correctly by iD Mobile. As soon as my account was set up correctly the original SIM started working fine.

Hi @NickiP,

Glad to hear that the issue is now resolved.

If you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kash