Skip to main content

Have a issue with porting my number over from O2. Its been a week now and still not done. I cannot receive calls from any other network but 3 and texts dont work except I can send them to people on 3 but they cannot send to me. Raised time and again with iD and I even have a complaint number buts still not resolved. Any suggestions as cannot speak to a person

Hi @Steveb999,

Welcome to the Community!

It sounds like you may have a split port which we will need to escalate to the Technical Team.

Have the Complaints Team been in touch with you since?

If not we can drop you a PM to assist further, simply get back to us here to let us know.

Kash

I have issues porting. I ring some people and my regular number comes up and at other times the number that Id mobile provided comes up. That also happens when receiving calls. Some come through to my phone whereas some don’t come through at all and says my phone is turned off. Please can this be resolved!

Hey there @DanWilson90, welcome to Community!

Please try the following for whichever type of phone you have:

For iPhone:

1) Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
2) Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3) Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct. 
4) If it is not correct, please enter the correct number
5) Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
6) Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under "Start new conversations from:"

If you are having issues with step 4 please reset network settings and try again.

Settings > General > Transfer or Reset sDevice] > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

For Android:

1) Open Messages, go to Settings (top right, Message Settings), open "Chat Features" or "RCS Chats", verify if this is the correct number or not.

2) If it shows the incorrect one, then head to: https://messages.google.com/disable-chat and you should be able to unregister the number. Once done, turn off the Chat Features/RCS and the phone. Wait a few minutes and turn the device back on and re-enable Chat Features/RCS it should let you re-register/update to the correct number.

Alternatively, you can turn Chat Features/RCS off and test SMS after this

Thanks,

Tyler