Skip to main content

I've joined iD and switched from O2. I had a temporary number assigned to the new sim card I was given. The number I wanted to keep has since transferred over, however RCS chats is still using the temporary one. 

I have tried switching RCS off and on, verifying my number, taking the sim card out and in and nothing is working. 

Can anyone advise? It seems a small thing but I use text a lot as my primary messaging app.

Have you asked Google about this @vwilsdon1?

Sounds like the Google RCS servers haven’t detected your handset, with the Messages app, is using the number you wanted to keep now. Instead Google are still using the number iD initially allocated for your new connection to their network. 

The following might help: 

• Turn OFF RCS (“Chat features”) in the Google Messages app.
  • Turn OFF the handset and carefully remove the iD SIM card.
  • Check the SIM card is clean/undamaged, before carefully re-inserting the SIM card.
  • Turn ON the handset.
  • Turn ON RCS chats.  

🤞

Hi @vwilsdon1 

Sorry to hear this, we’d recommend the above from @andewhite to contact Google directly about RCS issues.

Tom

Hi both, @andewhite  @Tom 

I have already tried everything advised. As well as a sim card issue, the wifi in my house does not ever work. An exclamation mark appears beside the wifi signal and apps/imessages don’t work. Never had this issue with my last phone, my partner has no issues. The only change is that I have swapped networks to iD and since then, I cannot use the wifi in my house.

Ever heard of this issue or any advice?

The router has been switched off and on, i’ve restarted my phone multiple times,  the wifi signal in the house is strong throughout every room, my old phone still connects and holds internet without any issue.

Hi both, @andewhite  @Tom 

I have already tried everything advised...

Ever heard of this issue or any advice?

Maybe try a replacement iD SIM in your handset, @vwilsdon1?

Hi @vwilsdon1 

Are you using an iPhone or Android? You mention RCS issues but then also iMessage issues.

Has a replacement SIM been tried?

Tom