Skip to main content

I've been with ID mobile now for 2 weeks, turned my phone off and on and my texts are still coming through to people as the number given to me via ID mobile when I wanted my old number from EE to be retained.

Okay @Ryan Scott Hamilton, did you put your new iD SIM in your handset before your number was transferred to iD?

If yes, then Apple iMessage / Google RCS have registered your handset device as being linked to the initial number iD Mobile assigned to your iD account for your iD network connection.

Okay @Ryan Scott Hamilton, did you put your new iD SIM in your handset before your number was transferred to iD?

If yes, then Apple iMessage / Google RCS have registered your handset device as being linked to the initial number iD Mobile assigned to your iD account for your iD network connection.

I can't remember specifically but I think that is what happened. Call it over eager or not being notified with the paperwork given from yourselves. It's the first time I've swapped providers/phones for a long time. Is there any way to remedy this?

I can't remember specifically but I think that is what happened. Call it over eager or not being notified with the paperwork given from yourselves. It's the first time I've swapped providers/phones for a long time. Is there any way to remedy this?

The “Why does the wrong number show when I make calls or texts?” article referenced above should help, @Ryan Scott Hamilton

Hi @Ryan Scott Hamilton 

Have you tried the article linked by @andewhite?

From what you’ve described, it’s exactly what you’ll need.

Tom