Skip to main content

Hey. My son is in Canada and has lost his phone. He can't access his emails or banking as when he tries to log in from a new device the authentication code is sent to his lost phone,

As far as I can make out, the best option is for him to buy a new phone and get an ESim from idmobile so he can transfer his number to the new phone and then he'll be able to use the code from Apple’s 2 factor authentication to get into his emails and hopefully his banking etc. 

Problem is if he can't get into his emails without his phone number how would he be able to access the eSIM? Any ideas or suggestions are welcome, I'm worried sick. He's working at a camp in the middle of nowhere so I don't even know when he'll be able to get a new phone.  Id mobile don't seem to have any customer service phone number. 

Evening @JenM22,

eSIMs are sent to the account holders email address, this cannot be overridden for security reasons. The quickest route to resolution considering the circumstances is as followed:

1. Tomorrow, visit your nearest Currys store and ask for a replacement physical iD Mobile SIM.
  2. Pop the SIM into your phone. Your son will need to speak to our Live Chat team to get this physical SIM activated.
  3. Once activated, you’ll be able to receive the SMS Security Codes needed for him to gain access to his Apple ID, Email, Banking e.t.c.
  4. Once he’s logged in, he’ll need to contact our Live Chat team again to get a replacement eSIM sent to his email address. He can then activate it.

Live Chat URL: idmobile.co.uk/live-chat

Type “Speak to someone” two times to connect to an agent.

Thanks.