Skip to main content

Hi, I have a new contract with ID and the sim isn’t working coming up with “sim failure”. It is a new phone I got with the id mobile contract. Another compatible sim works in the phone so not the phone that’s the problem. I have restarted and tried cleaning the sim, still nothing. Does it need activating? 

Thanks 

sarahnuttall

The SIM supplied for a new contract should already be activated, @Sarahnuttall

Sounds like a faulty SIM card - you’ll probably need a replacement.

I thought so. I did ask for a sim activation code online and have been emailed one. I can’t input it on the app though as I can’t receive a text code to fully set up the app haha. But the sim shouldn’t need to be activated as you say and it wasn’t working before or after I got the code. 

A SIM activation code is for an eSIM, not physical SIM card - what kind of SIM have you got, @Sarahnuttall?  

Ah it is a physical sim, probably a mistake on my part as I was desperate for the sim to start working. 

This forum article should help, @Sarahnuttall.

Thanks I will do that, the only issue I anticipate is I can’t access my account once I have the new sim to scan it, as I can’t receive text messages yet which seems to be required to sign in for the first time…

You can activate a replacement SIM without needing to login to your account, @Sarahnuttall.

https://my.idmobile.co.uk/activate-sim-outside, and choose “No, not yet”.

Otherwise you might need to speak to an adviser using the online Live Chat service. 

Hi @Sarahnuttall,

Welcome to the Community!

Did you manage to register your account and activate your SIM?

If you require further assistance you can contact our Live Chat Team for assistance.

Kash