Skip to main content

I have an old I phone 8 and would like to swap my ID sim card into a samsung android phone. I tried swapping it but cannot receive or send calls even though it says network recognised.

Hey there @Frank Burrows, welcome to Community!

At iD Mobile, we do not lock our mobile phones, so you can use a different SIM card any time you want. The only iD Mobile phones that are locked are iPhones made before 2018. To find out if your phone is unlocked, just insert a SIM card from another network to see if the name of the network appears on your handset.

The iPhone 8 I believe was released in 2017, so this could be locked. Did you get the iPhone through us please?

Thanks,

Tyler

Hi @Frank Burrows 👋🏻
This may be of some help to determine why you can’t make/receive calls on a Samsung phone!

Hope this helps! x

Thanks for the replies , but the real issue turned out to be the Samsung J3 (2017) was not compatible with ID network for some reason. A new phone was purchased and all is well, proving that the sim was not locked in the I phone 8 

Hey there @Frank Burrows, no problem at all, thank you for letting us know and let us know if any other issues arise.

Thanks,

Tyler