Skip to main content

My phone has recently stopped making and receiving phone calls. It will send and receive texts messages. Data is fine too. Any suggestions?

Hi @MrsStatto 👋🏻

The 3G signal has probably now been turned off in your area and so you will not be able to make/receive calls as your device will need to be connected to the VoLTE (4G) network to do so.

What phone do you have?
Is it on the iD Mobile Approved Handsets list? https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/approved-handsets

Is it set up to be able to connect to the VoLTE (4G) network?

Any and all information will aid someone to help you further x

I have a Motorola g6 plus. It is on the approved handset list, but 4G and WiFi calling are listed as N/A. The phone uses 4G for data, but there is no option to choose VoLTE.

Do I need 4G VoLTE to make normal calls, rather than WiFi calls?

@MrsStatto -

Yes, you need VoLTE. It sounds like you need to upgrade to a supported handset after the 3G Switch Off. How much do you currently pay per month?

Thanks.

Hi @MrsStatto 

Even though your phone is on the list and is N/A for both VoLTE and WiFi Calling doesn’t necessarily  mean it won’t work but just that they haven’t tested it on their network.
Try this:-

• Select ‘Settings’
  • And then ‘Network & Internet’
  • Select ‘Mobile network’
  • Tap turn on ‘Enhanced 4G LTE Mode’
  • Afterward at top right it'll show 4G sign, 4G HD Voice or VoLTE service is ready to use

If the ‘Enhanced 4G LTE Mode’ isn’t available then:-
Go to the Phone info menu by typing *#*#4636#*#* into the phone call keypad (as if making a phone call)  and see if "VoLTE provisioned" toggle is on/off or greyed out. If ‘Off’ then just toggle to ‘On’. If it is greyed out then your handset is not provisioned for VoLTE and no matter what network you are with it won’t work at all.

If you have WiFi calling then VoLTE should also be enabled.
If VoLTE is enabled then you will not be able to make/receive calls with iD Mobile until/if they support your phone.

Thanks for the help @Decembersangel72 -

@MrsStatto did these steps help you resolve your issue? Thanks.

Thank you. Your advice helped me to work out that VoLTE is not provisoned on my handset. Have bought a new one.

Glad the new handset has worked @MrsStatto. Thanks.