Skip to main content

I have recently switched to Imobile and ported my phone number from Tesco Mobile, everything's seems to be working fine except I keep getting this message which say I now have 20 days left.

I have seen previous similar problems in the community hub, however these relate to switching or upgrading phone, however I have not changed my phone and am using these same apple I13  phone bought through Apple. 

Any ideas? don’t want to be with out Messages or FaceTime which this message related to

Hi @marciathorpe,

Welcome to the Community!

Have you updated your number in your iMessage and Facetime settings?

The link below from the Help Hub may help you out.

Kash

Hi, Thank you for the information,

I went through each step, got as far as turning off Messages and Facebook and selecting Apple ID,

after the turning my phone back on and waiting for 45 minutes I went back into both and an error was detected, at the moment it shows as waiting for activation? I'll check it again after 24 hours, but at the moment I don’t have either service available. I’ve shot myself in the foot really as now I don’t have any access and I’m not confident about getting this resolved.

Hi,

I have got through to step 6 to reactivate and at this point, there are no addresses, or phone numbers to select for activation, the travel button is actioned (don’t know what this is or if I can deactivate),

If I go into my Apple /Id it shows my email address but no phone number, I cannot add a phone number as it attempts to send a text to verify addition.

The instructions don’t seems to be working and whilst you say this is an Apple problem I really can’t see that as it was all working before porting over my number and you do seem to have a lot of people complaining about this problem.

I opened this account on the 1st of August and can’t get messages or FaceTime to work, what are my options for cancelling this account, I can’t access my account details online to verify?

When I go into Apple ID there is now no phone number and I cannot add one as I cannot receive messages and therefore cannot get an activation code, this is now a real problem, please advise otherwise I will have to cancel this contract, through no fault of my own

I was in a similar position - a network reset worked for me and populated the Iphone 15 with the correct number.

Hi, I have contacted Apple online and they took me through some steps to correct t he problems and they where fairly straight forward and finally I now have a working system. 

Hi @marciathorpe,

Welcome to the Community!

Glad to hear that your issue is resolved.

If you require further assistance, please get back in touch.

Kash