Question

Transfer number out from ID and get new number for contract

Hi Folks

I have approx 16 months to go on ID mobile contract and unfortunately the areas I'm in i don't get a good reception especially in the evenings. Ideally I would like to transfer my number to another provider as they have better coverage where i am. I'm more than happy to keep the ID account going with a new number and continue contract, but I was told by my last provider that to request a PAC will automatically close the account, is there anyway to carry this out.

Apologies in advance for the poor explanation

PS i read there was an admin fee which is fair enough but how do i enquire about this.

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Unfortunately @mardrew, the only way to end an iD contract with a minimum term is to cancel, or get a PAC to switch elsewhere. 

Either way, you’ll need to pay an early termination fee - alas, you’re snookered @mardrew

Not sure about the like button but answer is as expected so thanks for confirming. Oh well daily complaints of poor network on the way as it’s like being on an old dial up connection in some of the towns I go to, especially in the evening which to me stinks of not enough capacity. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Not sure about the like button but answer is as expected so thanks for confirming. Oh well daily complaints of poor network on the way as it’s like being on an old dial up connection in some of the towns I go to, especially in the evening which to me stinks of not enough capacity. 

Okay @mardrew, I’m just a forum member like yourself. 

Apparently Three UK use “TrafficSense” to manage their mobile network bandwidth when things are busy.

Performance issues could be due to works Three UK are doing to shutdown their 3G network (by end of 2024), while reconfiguring for 4G and 5G NR services alone.

Things might be better in 6-months.

I work all over and it was Southampton this week, reception was really slow for data again in the evening. Funny enough when cruise ships arrived so possibly answered my own question. Not seen 3G for a while but it was painful. Not a hope of streaming so no point having the good data packages etc. agree with you looks like I’m stuck till I can bear disconnection fee. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey there @mardrew, welcome to Community!

We’'re very sorry to hear you're having issues with coverage.

Please take a look at our coverage checker, which will show you what your signal strength should be like in your area, for all of 3G/4G/5G, for both indoors and outdoors.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/coverage#coverage-info

Furthermore, please take a look at our network partner Three's network status checker, which will show if there is any maintenance or performance upgrades going on in your area. If the website states that's the case, then it's likely that this is disrupting your coverage, and we hope that this is resolved soon for you.

https://www.three.co.uk/support/network_and_coverage/network_support

Please take a look at both of these. If you believe you should be experiencing better signal than you are, or if the networks status checker on Three's website isn't showing any upgrades or maintenance, then please let us know.

Kind regards,

Tyler