Show first post

109 replies

No problems so far!

Userlevel 1

regular updates on security issues and cool apps are good and useful
I agree with the idea of donating data to help those doing remote learning

Userlevel 1

Just keep on what you’re doing.

Happy with the community. Maybe have a messaging type app which could use instead of web interface?

Carry on ;-)

I’d love to see 5G being rolled out on ID seeing as all the phones are starting to become 5G!

Apart from that, great.

Userlevel 1

Everything is perfect, but you can increase your network coverage. 

Userlevel 1

Clearer info about additional charges. I regularly get a 30p charge added to a call, without knowing why.  Something to do with using emoticons perhaps?

Actually being able to speak with another human being would be an enormous help.

Is it possible to advise users when they have run out of talk time?

Occasionally when I try to make a call I get a message saying that I am unable to call this time as I am out of call minutes and to buy more time.

I’ve checked and appear to have only used a small amount of my call time. A while later when I try again, I don’t get this message and the call goes through. So if there are reasons I need to wait to call can this be advised?

Userlevel 1

Gift unused data to family members

Happy new year! Think you’ve missed the chance to treat yourself to a great phone deal now that Christmas is over? Think again!

At iD Mobile, we’re all about great offers all year round. And this month, we’ve got some pretty epic deals on Google’s Pixel range. With the best elements of the Android experience combined with 5G connectivity, a powerful chip, a crystal-clear OLED screen and incredible cameras, Google Pixel phones can handle it all.

Both the Google Pixel 4a 5G and the Google Pixel 5 launched in October, and they’re up there with the best smartphones of 2020. The first Google phones packed with 5G compatibility, both the Pixel 4a and Pixel 5 offer incredible download speeds and a stripped-back, clean looking interface that’ll please even the most devoted Apple fans.

We love the cameras on both phones. While they have the same dual 12MP and 16MP Ultra-Wide lens setup, it’s the brilliant AI that’s the star of the show. The Night Sight feature allows you to capture stunning photography in low light without the need to use the flash. And it’s smart enough to detect when the scene you’re shooting is dark, letting you select Night Sight mode with a quick tap.

That AI brings the best out of both phones’ batteries, too. Adaptive Battery learns which apps you rely on the most and gives them priority when it comes to power. The battery can last up to 48 hours with the help of Extreme Battery Saver, so you can leave the charger at home.

Next-Gen Google Assistant

With the help of next-gen Google Assistant, the Google Pixel 4a and Pixel 5G can do practically whatever you ask. Dictate a catch-up message to a mate to send a text without typing, or request that song you can’t wait to hear. Connect up your smart devices and control your tech at home using your voice, or simply set a reminder to turn the oven on at the right time – Google Assistant makes it all possible.

Both phones are available from iD mobile right now, starting from £24.99 a month for the Pixel 4a 5G and £27.99 a month for the Pixel 5. Just tap our handy new Shop button at the top of the Community page to find out more!

Competition Time:

Speaking of Community, we want to get every iD member’s 2021 off to a great start, and you can help!

Simply tell us below what we can do to improve your iD Community experience, what new functions or updates would you like to see to the Community? Let us know below and you could be in with a chance of winning a brand-new Google Pixel 4a 5G.

There can only be one winner, but every suggestion is welcome, whether you’re new to the Community or an iD Superhero.

The competition closes on Wednesday 13th January 2020, and we’ll announce the winner shortly after. Our standard T&Cs apply. 

And if you can’t wait till then, you can always check out our fantastic Google Pixel deals. When purchasing a Google Pixel 4, 4a or 5 you will receive a Currys PC World Voucher worth £50-£100.

Best of luck, and happy new year!

There is nothing I can suggest at this time to improve your service 

When I registered with ID and transferred my number all was great. I thought. My wife had an account  with ID, they gave her my number and me a new one I couldn't contact ID as it was run by a Q&A none of which was of use to me after getting to dept because I cancelled my direct debit until I got some response from ID It didn't take long before I got a response eventually we got it sorted, a new D D set up Then they cancelled the wife phone now all is ok,I am back to one account. The moral of this story is DONT LET COMPUTERS RU YOUR BUSINESS

Userlevel 1

Notifications for topics that might be of interest to me would be good. 

I always come here for the competitions, have a read around and then forget to come back. If I was notified of digest topics then that would be really useful!

Userlevel 2

We’re in a pandemic and I’m at home using my wifi, so it’s incredibly annoying when you take away my rolled over credit which I’ve paid for.  Tantamount to theft.

How about rewarding loyalty from customers with extra Data for each 12 months. 😃

Good service. Just continue with what you are doing

Userlevel 2

Have more iD experts on hand to answer questions  :-)

Ooh, data roll-over, and could the community have a spot for new new users to talk to someone who's had a phone for a while.

When buying say 'would you mind if you were contacted in the forum anonymously (or with an avatar)' that way people would know more about their phones. 

Userlevel 1

Being new to iD and the community I am obvs still getting to know my way around, but happy with the switch and port of my existing number. I would like the ability to have visual voicemail though. 

As others have said data rollover for longer than a month particularly at the moment when everyone is stuck at home so not using much of their data allowance.

Also unlimited data for key workers including supermarket workers /bus drivers etc during this lockdown would be really appreciated 

Userlevel 1

I think that you could make entering the competitions easier, because unless this is the right place to enter it, then I cannot find it, but the fact that I am unsure means that it is not easy for some of us older people.

Userlevel 1

I have had a very acceptable experience with ID since I bought the SIMO for my Daughter. The data rollover is great considering the fact that she is usually on WIFI so doesn’t lose the use of what she is paying for just because she is stuck at home. One thing that would be great to see is if you could include certain services that don’t use up the data, for instance say Whatsapp usage doesn’t come out of your allowance or Disney+ streaming. I don’t know how the back end of these deals would look but I bet that these services would subsidise the lost revenue somehow?

As noone is really using minutes or text from abroad at the moment perhaps offset this with free minutes to other countries from the UK to let families that are apart keep in touch easier.

The only other thing I can think of is that I am considering buying more SIMO deals for myself and other children as our contracts come to and end, if there could be some form of discount for additional lines, the more you take the bigger the discount.

Hope you all stay well

Roll over all data (or even double up unused data) to help out all the families that have to use mobile data for school lessons while we are in lock down

Userlevel 1

I think that you could make entering the competitions easier, because unless this is the right place to enter it, then I cannot find it, but the fact that I am unsure, means that it is not easy for some of us older people.

How to enter the competition???

Why iD Mobile?