New Year, New You: 5 tips to make the most of 2023

New Year, New You: 5 tips to make the most of 2023

Show first post
This topic has been closed for comments

457 replies

Mine is to cut out sugar, wheat and processed food, need to get back to basics! 😊

My resolution is to stop saving everything for best.  Clothes, skincare, perfumes etc.

I’m just going to wear, eat and use all the good stuff and bloody enjoy it

No,  there is no point because you know that you will break any resolution within the first week.

My New Year's resolution is to continue to enjoy my retirement by volunteering and helping others whenever possible. To be an active person to keep fit and healthy and encourage others to do the same.

Well, much like everyone else it's to get fitter and healthier. I workout a couple of times a week, and try and squeeze in an hour's swim in too. Problem has been going back to the car after the swim, I walk past a particular retailer who sells flapjacks, I'd pop in a get one, approx 500 cals and then feel guilty about it. So my new year resolution is to take a single slice of bread with peanut butter and marmite on and to eat that on the way back from the swim.  So far so good, but it's early days. 

Userlevel 1

Just to stay healthy

Userlevel 1

I’d like to get back to doing sub-30 minute 5k runs. That and cutting down the alcohol intake. That should keep me busy for the year!

Focus on a passion, not the way I look, work out to feel good, go someplace I never been,

to live in harmony both with oneself and with all people, do random acts of kindness, remove negativity or anything that makes me feel lousy, to eat healthy food, less waste and less plastic.

To live with the hope, that there will be peace on earth, without war all over the world!!!

Become the best version of myself. Read more, do more spontaneous things, exercise at least 5 days a week, give everything I do 100% focus.

Signed up to run a half marathon! So have to stick to some training and the resolution. 

Userlevel 1

Yes, my resolution is to be kinder to myself, as I have multiple chronic illnesses and push myself far more than most folk I know, resulting in overwhelming fatigue at time. Pacing is the name of the game!

Userlevel 1

To eat healthier, exercise more and hopefully lose some weight. It's really hard to get motivated though, but I'm really going to try!💪💪💪

Userlevel 1

Yes - starting yoga to help with my recovery from a slipped disc. 

Userlevel 2

I just want to be a better me.

Userlevel 1

My new years resolution is to read more and educate myself more both socially and in my work. I have downloaded many apps to start doing that so fingers crossed they all get used 😂 

I have resolved to reduce the number of internet sites requiring a password to as few as possible without givign up on all linternet activity.  Maybe even this one!

To start running again after I have had an operation on my ankle.

Userlevel 1

Don’t tend to make new year’s resolutions as mine never last. I did put some thought into what I’d like to achieve this year and I want to end the year healthier by continuing my eating plan and doing more steps each day!

Userlevel 1

This year I am determined to get older, and keep going to the gym and most importantly love my wife more. 

Mick

Userlevel 1

I moved away from NY resolutions a while back. I now keen a direction in mind, with flexibility, and focus on the processes that help me move in that direction.

Userlevel 1

My new years resolution is to put myself out there more, take risks, don’t be afraid what if I’m no good, but just to go for it. 

Userlevel 1

Mine is to start each day with a cold shower (well the final minute anyway). Invigorating and saves hot water!  

Userlevel 1

To live each day as iff it's my last. 

My resolution was to get back in touch with old friends. Yesterday I bumped into an old school friend at the swimming baths, Hadn’t seen him in years We are going to meet for a catch-up soon. First time my resolution has actually worked.

Userlevel 1

I don't have a new years resolution but my new year's goals are to join a gym, pass my driving test and get my room kitted out before the end of that year. 🤞

💪🏼 🚗 🏡

Why iD Mobile?