New Year, New You: 5 tips to make the most of 2023

New Year, New You: 5 tips to make the most of 2023

Show first post
This topic has been closed for comments

457 replies

My resolution is to be more aware of people around me and how they are feeling. When having conversations to step back and really listen to what's being said before contributing. My aim is to slow down and make everyone I come into contact with feel like they are valued even if it's just a small gesture like taking time to listen when I've said good morning, how are you?

My New Year’s resolution is to see the people I care about more but also look after myself and listen to my what my body tells me whether that’s physically or mentally 

I'm using January like a reset. Trying to make small habit changes rather than a big resolution that I usually give up on! So slowing reducing time on social media, reading more books, adding more fruit to my diet, drinking a glass of water in the morning...and not being harsh on myself if it takes time for new habits to form! 

Need to lose weight and feel healthy for this year and many years to come

Read less online, removed FB from phone just on tablet.  Read more not online, so started with a book about walks in England as didn't do any last year.  Tried to motivate to hula hoop daily but oops.    Best of luck for all trying to goal achieve in 2023.

My News Years resolution is to use my time more wisely.  Its so precious but something I tend to waste too much off.

My resolution is to learn how to do new things. This week I learnt how to crochet. My mum died of dementia in December last year and it's made me realise keeping your mind and body healthy is important. Not brilliant at the body part but I do try, my sweet tooth just doesn't agree

try to be a more loving husband

I have not made any specifically but have a goal to loose weight and go on a plane on holiday!

No new years resolutions as such but I would like to continue to swim weekly and increase the number of lengths I can do week on week.  I was up to 30 in December so not setting myself a goal, just going to keep swimming until I’ve had enough

Userlevel 1

No New Year's resolution for me, but just hope it will be healthier as had lots of problems with my health and been really unwell the past 3 years.

I have started doing Pilates again to keep fit.

This year I intend to stick with it. So far so good 🤞

Userlevel 1

Well, I’ve been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. I’m resolving to reverse it with a low carb diet, without any help from medication. I need to not only eat the correct low carb diet but to exercise and this would help me keep track.

Hopefully I'm still here next yesr

Userlevel 2

My New Year’s Resolution is,  to keep helping my wife who has Dementia have a safe and carefree life. As I'm her main carer 24/7; don't get out much, but I do a lot of stair climbing. Once a week I am a SEN Explorer Scouts Group Leader, which I have done for 22 years. I have a sitter-carer for those few hours. Would like to win the FitBit Charger 5, to help improve my fitness. Michael 

My New Years Resolution is 3 fold.

Eat less, walk more and don’t make family and friends strangers.

Happy New Year to all.

My New Year’s Resolutions are:

To find a new job

To take better care of me

Accept there is now only 1 person to buy a ticket for when wanting to attend an event.

Spend more time with family and friends.

None for me as I’m already doing what I always wanted to - a PhD . No time for anything else so I am resolved to keep going for the next 2 ½ years or so  😄

After loosing 2 close friends & my Mum in the last 4 months of 2022 my resolution for 2023 is to spend more time with friends & Family…. You can’t buy your time back . 

Userlevel 1

Not to let the media’s obsession with Harry and Megan’s unending whining make my chuck my phone, tablet, laptop, radio and tv in the bin.

My New Year’s resolution is to take control of my diet and to watch what I eat, so that I can be in the best shape possible for my return to sports (skiing, football, and swimming) this year.

My New Years resolutions are to get in better shape and to work on my self care! 

To get organised and De clutter house

Userlevel 1

No new years resolutions for me.

I had already lost lots of weight before Christmas, so my New Year’s resolution is to keep it off!