The epic evolution of gaming!

• 1 September 2023
  • 295 replies
The epic evolution of gaming!

Show first post

295 replies

Most played game of my childhood was probably Gauntlet. I had a copy on my Amstrad home computer and a school friend and I would play for hours.  I’d play as the Valkyrie and she would be the Elf.  We got to level 110 once! 😵‍💫

My favourite game series is Zero Escape and specifically Virtue's Last Reward as my favourite of the three!

Video game, I’m a sucker for the original Unreal Tournament. Board game would have to be Othello, still can’t beat my mum at that game and she’s nearly 80!

It has to be Nintendo 64 and Mario kart . Old school as it reminds of the days in my best friends room playing on it all the time . As he commited suicide and is no longer with me.  I would do anything to have one more night racing on it with him. Life is short and precious and we have to stay strong an enjoy every moment with each other friends n family . I have ptsd from the armed forces and struggled. But being a gamer and the online communities really helped me stay strong and positive.  . So yeah Mario kart and it has to be toad stool racing lol. I just want to say to anyone who might be struggling or not feeling great. Just know you are loved and you are needed in this world.  What ever the problem.  Please just stay strong and positive and I love you and care for you.  We need more love in this world . Love you all so much and enjoy life no matter what your doing . Every day we get to spend on this beautiful blue planet is a blessing  and we are lucky to be here . We are all winners in life as we all made it to the egg first out of millions racing lots. Just love laugh and live xxxxx love me 

Userlevel 2

My favourite game of all time, was Shining in the Darkness on the Mega Drive. I still have it and my mega drive so may get it out! 

My best video game is EVE Online but after over 10 years of playing EVE I give up and now I am playing Minecraft with my son :) It is soooo relaxing :)

Userlevel 1

CRASH BANDICOOT

Myst of course 😊

Currently obsessed with dragon scapes on my phone. It’s amazing how relaxing it can be to just play games like that building and collecting and growing. 

Couronne

Userlevel 3

Love LUDO and Snakes & Ladders, chess and draughts, but on electronic it’s candy crush, and solitaire games and battleships

Kensington for me

Userlevel 1

Luigis mansion 

It has to be old-school ‘Cluedo’

Miss Scarlett in the Library 😊

I'm a big board game fan myself! I love Dominion, Ticket to Ride, Fits, Agricola... Quite the range! But in terms of computer games I went through a massive Minecraft phase as a tween :) I also liked Gas Guzzlers!

Yahtzee 

Monopoly with every bit of jail, and monopoly card money going to the middle. Who ever lands on the free parking gets the win! 

Mahjong visualy and mentally challenging whilst the duration and layout can be easily changed

Userlevel 1

Far cry 5

A boring oldie. Love Monopoly. Everybody argues, some cheat but a great excuse to get plastered then no one minds. Also you don't have to learn a whole load of new rules.

Being as old as I am and passionate about gaming, this is very difficult. So here goes:

Board: Classic Monopoly 

TTRPG: AD&D 1st/2nd Edition

Card: Uno

Electronic:

Sinclair Spectrum: Bards Tale or Elite

Amiga: UFO Enemy Unknown

PC: Planescape Torment

XBox: Fable 2

Playstation: Final Fantasy 7

Dreamcast: Phantasy Star Online

Megadrive: Columns 2

Userlevel 1

It's got to be snakes and ladders

Userlevel 1

I'd like to play super Mario and word search such a great fun…..

My favourite video game is Red Dead Redemption 2, Amazing Game 

Favourite Board Game is Catan 

Favourite Tab/Mobile Game is Northgard 

Tough one since I love all classic boardgames. I probably would say that Scrabble is my favourite especially since, now that there is no one at home anymore, I can play it online with others as well.