Solved

Can I use my current allowance of 100gb nd unlimited txt and call abroad somewhere like japan or egypt? or do i need to pay beyond my allowance?

• 18 July 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I am kinda confused as to how the roaming system works, for example if i were to travel to japan would I have to pay per MB used or would I be using my data from my current allowance? 

icon

Best answer by andewhite 18 July 2023, 15:43

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Mahid, the calls, texts and data allowances included with your iD plan can only be used within the UK, and the inclusive EU roaming area. 

If you roam elsewhere, for example in Japan, you’ll be charged at the roaming rates applicable for the country in which you’re roaming.

The roaming charges for Japan are: 

Userlevel 1

Ohhh so would it be financially better to get a local sim there? For the duration of the trip? 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

That is something for you to decide @Mahid.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Ohhh so would it be financially better to get a local sim there? For the duration of the trip? 

Most likely @Mahid  unless you’re comfortable with the above rates (which would hit your cap very quickly).

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

If I turn off data roaming in app and on my phone whilst in Japan, and only use hotel wifi for calls, data etc, will I still get an out of area charge from ID. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If I turn off data roaming in app and on my phone whilst in Japan, and only use hotel wifi for calls, data etc, will I still get an out of area charge from ID. 

Just set the bill cap for your iD account to £0 @Daisylou - that will ensure you’re not charged in Japan.

Userlevel 1

Thank you. Had a bad experience with previous provider. Did all they said and still got charged. Don’t want to make the same mistake. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Daisylou 

I’d recommend the same above from @andewhite, set the bill cap to £0 and you won’t be charged anything extra.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?