Question

Can't send shortcode SMS

Userlevel 1

I can’t send a shortcode SMS message. When I try I get a message back from ID saying 

Calls or texts to short codes are chargeable and are not included in your standard allowance or Add-ons. See our call charges page: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/call-charges

I have premium feature set to on, in fact, I have everything set to on and adult filtering off but I still can’t send SMS shortcode. 

Any suggestions please?

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Some short-codes are chargeable @sbunyard, so if your iD account’s bill cap is £0, or less than the charge linked to the short-code you can’t use, it won’t work.

Check the bill cap settings in your iD account online.

Good luck @sbunyard.  

Userlevel 1

Some short-codes are chargeable @sbunyard, so if your iD account’s bill cap is £0, or less than the charge linked to the short-code you can’t use, it won’t work.

Check the bill cap settings in your iD account online.

Good luck @sbunyard.  

Yeah I checked that too, I’ve increased it to the maximum, despite it being set at £10 previously. Sorry, meant to mention that in my original post

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

In addition, some short-codes are not supported on iD Mobile’s network @sbunyard.
I believe Three UK (iD’s network partner) handle all the short-code work.

The UK mobile operators have a website for short-codes - https://www.short-codes.com.

Userlevel 1

@andewhite nope, it’s ticked for all the networks as well

Any more ideas? 😂

This is how frustrating it’s been. Appreciate your suggestions though, thank you :)

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If the short-codes website states the code works on the Three UK network, I guess there could be a network routing, or network setup problem. Good luck getting any assistance from iD Mobile.

Userlevel 1

Thanks for your help and suggestions @andewhite really appreciate your time 👍

Userlevel 1

I’m STILL getting this issue. I can’t find anything on my account that could possibly be preventing this. Anyone else got any suggestions please?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @sbunyard,

What’s the number you are trying to text the shortcode to?

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

@Mohammed 79100

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @sbunyard 

Thanks, putting this number in the short code lookup page here shows the number as costing 15p to use, have you adjusted your bill cap to allow for extra charges?

If your bill cap is at £0 you may be blocked from using this shortcode.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Hi @Tom yes, I increased my cap to maximum. It was at £10 anyway so it shouldn’t have been an issue but increased it just in case

I’ve tried everything that I can think of. Turning premium off and on again (it works for PCs right?!), increasing my cap to max, turning adult filter on and off, I just can’t see what the problem is. I can’t see anything else that might be blocking this!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @sbunyard 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Why iD Mobile?