Solved

Cancel contract

• 17 November 2020
  • 10 replies

Hello, I have been trying to cancel my contract for the past week it sends me on a never ending loop between the app and the ID website. I have put in a request to end my contract but it would not let me confirm the disconnection without speaking to customer service. I tried the live chat a few times but no one was available. There does not appear to be a number to call or email to resolve this. I have had to set up this account on the community forum purely to get this resolved. It seems you have tried to make this as difficult as possible to leave. The message I got when trying to disconnect says:

“https://porting.idmobile.co.uk/AutoSwitchingCommunity is under construction

Please cancel my contract asap.

I have cancelled my direct debit in complete frustration at having no other option

icon

Best answer by Will 21 November 2020, 17:57

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Mrfoxes,

Cancelling your plan shouldn’t be difficult at all sorry. Please click here to see all the relevant information on how to get that sorted.

If you find you still require assistance, please let us know and we’ll be happy to provide it.

Will

Thanks Will - I agree that cancelling my plan shouldn’t be difficult but it has proved to be a nightmare (now resolved)

Have you actually tried to follow the instructions that are provided on your website ?

I am not alone in flagging that when you get to the End my Plan it directs you to a page which says is under construction !!!!

The fact that this has been highlighted for many weeks or even months by members of this community and has yet to be fixed does tend to suggest that perhaps ID Mobile don’t want to fix it…...

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Sorry it was difficult @Mrfoxes,

The link I provided shows how to get a PAC, a STAC, or speak to a LiveChat agent, all of those options would cancel a contract.

How did you go about doing it in the end? Which particular part said the site was under construction?

Will

Hi Will,

I didn’t need a STAC or PAC as I didn’t want to keep the number

Getting through to Live Chat was nigh on impossible and on the 2 occasions I did, we got ‘cut off’ before my issue could be resolved. Call me cynical but once I could accept but twice……..and you can never reconnect to get the issue resolved

As mentioned above have you actually tried to follow the instructions o your website to cancel a contract ? If you have when you go into My Account and follow the links to End my Plan - without wanting a STAC or PAC you are directed to a page which says it is under construction. Unfortunately I can’t send you screen shots as my account is now closed 

This is what I posted earlier in the chat - “https://porting.idmobile.co.uk/AutoSwitchingCommunity is under construction 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Mrfoxes 

We are sorry you have had some issues trying to end your contract and we do appreciate your feedback. 

Have you now submitted a disconnection request?

If you do require further assistance, please let us know and we’ll send you a PM.

Michelle 

I’m having exactly the same issue.  I want to simply end my contract but am stuck in a loop taking me through the process of ending the contract and then saying contact customer services.

When I go to chat I am told it is unavailable as ID is taking a ‘well deserved rest over Christmas.’ but that 

‘The Live Chat team will answer chats between 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am - 6pm Saturday and Sunday.’

I am trying to contact today - Monday 4th Jan, 9.40am - but still ID is not available.  I want to end the contract before the expiry date so that I do not pay another monthly DD

I'm the same as well, I just want to cancel my contract but it keeps sending me on a loop, I've tried doing what it says on the instructions but nothing is happening won't let me do it or do nothing, tried the app and the website, tried phoning aswell but won't let me do it, it's ridiculous, all I want to do is end it, my contract ends on the 7th January, chat isn't even working, really could do with some help. 

On the Live Chat say your topic is Complaint

Have a look on Twitter as well - there is an email address they post in response to some complaints

I cancelled my direct debit as well to avoid paying for another month

They will tell you that you have to give 30 days notice to cancel even though you’ve probably spent 30 days trying to get through

I think it’s gross incompetence if they haven’t ‘fixed’ the issues I highlighted weeks ago - unless of course there is some other reason…

Good Luck

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @RolandHarvey, @Fionawitch & @Mrfoxes,

We will send you each a PM now if you haven’t had one already in order to help further with your cancellation. We would not advise cancelling the Direct Debit because any missed bills can result in further issues down the line.

Ryan

Thank you Ryan. I am assuming my 30 notice starts now 

Why iD Mobile?