Solved

Had Phone + Sim Contract with ID for 2 years, purchased a new SIM only contract, how to keep number?

• 28 February 2024
  • 12 replies

Hi I’ve been on a contract with ID Mobile for 2 years for a phone plan and for paying for an iPhone 12.

My contract is coming to an end next month so I’d like to change over to a SIM only plan to save some money.

Today I purchased a Sim only contract (25GB unlim sms+calls), I understand about PAC code usage for when swapping between networks, but was wondering is there a different way for transferring my existing phone number to my new SIM only plan as both are under ID Mobile? 

Thanks

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 28 February 2024, 20:01

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

You will have to port the number you wish to keep to another network and then port it back in to iD Mobile. You won’t be able to use your existing iD Mobile online account to manage the new SIM either, a new online account will need to be registered.

well thats 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

well thats fuckin stupid

All you had to do was request iD Mobile change your existing plan. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @hicko1299,

Welcome to the Community!

You can upgrade from a handset to a SIM only contract once the minimum term has passed.

Please refrain from using profanities, our users are here to help.

Kash

I am in a contract with id which expires soon. Can I change to Sim only with id and keep my same number.

Userlevel 1

I am in a contract with id which expires soon. Can I change to Sim only with id and keep my same number.

Yes you can anytime within the last 30 days of contract.

I'm a bit confused as there is conflicting replies for hicko1299 saying that you have to.port to.another network then back to ID

Userlevel 1

I'm a bit confused as there is conflicting replies for hicko1299 saying that you have to.port to.another network then back to ID

ID contract to ID sim only via the contract to sim only path, no problem anytime within last 30 days.

ID contract to ID contract via the upgrade path no problem anytime in last 60 days.

ID contract to ID contract or ID sim only via new user path (usually less cost than a direct upgrade by a few £ a month but has fresh credit check, set new DD up etc) you are actively leaving ID so have to port the number to a pay n go SIM then port it back onto the new ID customer SIM.

Hope that clarifies things.

OK that makes sense thanks

So I assume they put dim deals on in last 30 days as nothing showing currently just new upgrade  phone deals. It's 60 days to upgrade

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Amanda Coffey,

That’s correct, you should see this within the last 30 days if you are already on a SIM only deal.

If you are on a handset deal you’ll see SIM only plans once the minimum term has passed.

Kash

I'm on a handset so I assume that when the deal expires I can choose a sim contract then and keep same number?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Amanda Coffey,

Once the SIM expires, your contract will continue after the minimum term.

You’ll have the option of upgrading or changing your plan which will allow you to keep the number.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?