Solved

Is ID Mobile sim compatable ID Broadband ?

• 27 January 2022
  • 7 replies

Hi

I have been using ID mobile unlimited sim in my home router for several months now and have had no issues until this last week, I run a few smart home gadgets and a couple of TVs etc.

I was blissfully unaware of the existence of ID Broadband but It appears that I cannot set up my new Aeotec Smart hub because port forwarding is blocked on the ID Mobile network

So first do I need a new Broadband sim?  and secondly would port forwarding still be blocked wlth a broadband sim.?

At the moment I have a rather expensive Aeotec paper weight.

Any help much appreciated.

icon

Best answer by andewhite 28 January 2022, 21:56

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Are you using an iD SIM in a MiFi device?

Yes,  well at least its a home router. Its the Huawei B818-263 bought new so unlocked to any network.

Not the best of gui's but I've tried DMZ, firewall down, port forwarding through virtual server, and every thing in between but using 'fing' the only ports ever available are the basic ports ie 21,43,8080 etc.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @les.whittaker, perhaps there’s a third-party open-source firmware package that you could flash/install, replacing the Huawei offering, which might offer more configuration options.

Anyway, good luck.

Unfortunately not I've tried all the open source projects and no one supports them, not even Huawei it would seem.

Thanks anyway

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yes, that’s normally the case.

You’ve got to trust or hope a project has a big enough user base to stand a chance of reasonable support and fixes.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

I have an ID Mobile Pay Go SIM (Unlimited Data allowance) in a Draytek Vigor 2620Ln and port forward is configurable and working for me.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yes,  well at least its a home router. Its the Huawei B818-263 bought new so unlocked to any network.

Not the best of gui's but I've tried DMZ, firewall down, port forwarding through virtual server, and every thing in between but using 'fing' the only ports ever available are the basic ports ie 21,43,8080 etc.

The following thread to a post in the Huawei community might provide some clues:

Huawei B818-263 modem - port forwarding - HUAWEI Community

Why iD Mobile?