Solved

keeping my number.

• 14 April 2023
  • 8 replies

i am moving to carphone warehouse for a better deal and it is also with ID mobile, i want to keep my number so can i request my PAC code and keep my number when going from ID to ID mobile.

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 14 April 2023, 12:26

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

You cannot use a PAC to port a number to the same network.

You will have to port out to a different network and then port back to iD Mobile. You won’t be able to use your old iD Mobile online account either, you will have to create a new one and use a different email address.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Or instead of going through all that unnecessary flaff you could just contact ID and ask them to make the change for you as when people order a replacement sim it has the correct number on it so there would be no difference 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @jim.,

Welcome to the Community!

Unfortunately we don’t allow internal number ports which means that you’ll need to either upgrade your old one or follow the steps that @WelshPaul provided.

If you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kash 

I wanted to just upgrade with ID but I don’t qualify until June which I don’t understand as I am on a 1 month contract?.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I think you’ve got to have at least 6-months payment history before you can upgrade via your iD account. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @jim.,

You’ll need to wait 6 months as @andewhite suggested.

If you still require assistance please let us know.

Kash

Bit of a pain having to go to another provider to keep my number, I have been with ID mobile since November but I will have to move. :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @jim.,

We are sorry to hear this.

If you require assistance please let us know.

Kash