Skip to main content
Solved

mobile app tech problem

• 20 July 2024
  • 9 replies

For some reason direct debit vanished from account. This lead to having to pay via app. The issue is when trying to pay via app I put in card details all goes fine until payment authorisation. This requires me to use bank app to authorise payment. BUT as soon as I go onto to bank app to authorise id app logs me out and I keep going in circles. Please advise tech team bug in app that logs you out soon as you go to diffrent app rather that maintaining connection. Bank apps allow you to switch between apps I see no reason why I'd app shouldn't allow this

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey @Martin Evans,

Please make payment through our Automated service: 7777 from your iD SIM.

Thanks.

This doesnt help problem with app which needs feeding back to app tech team. Its just happened to me again with another number where mt direct debit was not taken and vanished from my account

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Martin Evans, don’t worry I have also fed this back to the app team as I agree it needs to be looked into I’ve just provided a solution in the meantime until it is fixed. Which Device Make & Model are you using and which Bank are you using? Thanks!

Samsung a54 first direct

Sounds like a familiar issue

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thanks for confirming @Martin Evans. To confirm, Battery Saver and Data Saver is switched off? Looking at this article on Samsung Community, there is a way to keep apps running in the background on the Samsung A54. Please take a look and follow the guidance for the iD Mobile app:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-a-series/how-do-i-lock-an-app-to-keep-open-in-the-background/td-p/10234895

Let me know if that improves things. Thanks.

Userlevel 1

The exact same thing has happened to me several times today. You replied 12 days ago to this question, but it is still not,  working. Samsung Galaxy Z fold 5, Santander. It is difficult for me to use the 7777 as I am partially sighted and can't easily read my card number to type it in.

So PLEASE fix this problem! 

The advice I got to keep app running as expected didn't work . It is not a phone issue it is the coding of the app has bugs. I have absolutly no problem with multiple banking apps switching back and forward. It only happens with the id mobile app. No it is not in deep sleep or on reduced battery usage. Even if it was in deep sleep soon as you open an app it's state is changed from deep sleep. I just want an app to work with limited input from me . I'd mobile doesn't make it

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Morning @Fienn, @Knitmadmum & @Martin Evans,

A ticket has been raised to get this issue investigated. In the interim, could you please try using https://my.idmobile.co.uk/login through a Web Browser.

Thanks.