Question

New ID mobile issues

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I can't check my data usage, minutes usage or text usage in the new app. It just shows a general overview of my data, texts and minutes left. When are you going to update the new app so you can view the usage properly?

Thanks,

Abi. 

11 replies

Thats exactly my issue! Have been trying for a couple of weeks to get onto the app as kept saying out of action, & now ive finally got access i cant keep check on what ive used! Not only frustrating but bloody annoying! It was a big factor in switching to iD because i could easily keep track of things. If they dont sort it out soon i will be leaving!

Userlevel 1

I was told to cancel my contract by ID within the 14 day cooling off period. Prior to this I changed the simcard as recommended by their customer service team. For 2 weeks I didn’t get any signal or internet. I’ve moved over to o2 now, £10 more expensive a month but at least I have a working phone. It seems like there are loads of customers with the same issues I had, absolute nightmare! Its shocking websites like Uswitch, Carphonewarehouse, Mobilephones direct etc are still flogging contracts when ID Mobiles service is next to nothing. 

I was on 02 but signal was bad here. Not had issues with the signal since being with iD BUT since they have "updated" their website i can no longer see what im using & considering im unlimited calls/texts with 50gb of internet my bill seems mega high this time & i cant check whats going on like i could before!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I was told to cancel my contract by ID within the 14 day cooling off period. Prior to this I changed the simcard as recommended by their customer service team. For 2 weeks I didn’t get any signal or internet. I’ve moved over to o2 now, £10 more expensive a month but at least I have a working phone. It seems like there are loads of customers with the same issues I had, absolute nightmare! Its shocking websites like Uswitch, Carphonewarehouse, Mobilephones direct etc are still flogging contracts when ID Mobiles service is next to nothing. 

So @mgb311, iD are also Which recommended (in 2023). Carphone Warehouse and mobiles.co.uk, like iD Mobile, are all part of Currys plc. iD pay a commission per new customer signing up via uSwitch. 

It’s just business, not too shocking.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I was on 02 but signal was bad here. Not had issues with the signal since being with iD BUT since they have "updated" their website i can no longer see what im using & considering im unlimited calls/texts with 50gb of internet my bill seems mega high this time & i cant check whats going on like i could before!

Have you tried contacting iD support using Live Chat, or from their social media pages, @Littleblue?  

You can send iD a private message using Facebook Messenger, or X (formerly Twitter). 

The advisers work until 8pm on weekdays (6pm at weekends).

Userlevel 1

I agree. The new website is appalling. It does not show any rollover, and has made logging on more complicated. 

It appears that iD has let it’s marketing people take over its user website. Maybe time to fire the CEO. 

The new phone app won’t load onto my android phone (perhaps because the phone runs on an old version - i.e. phone is 6+ years old). 

Userlevel 1

So @mgb311, iD are also Which recommended (in 2023). Carphone Warehouse and mobiles.co.uk, like iD Mobile, are all part of Currys plc. iD pay a commission per new customer signing up via uSwitch. 

It’s just business, not too shocking.

...shocking you can sell a service that ultimately doesn’t work.

Have you tried contacting iD support using Live Chat, or from their social media pages, @Littleblue?  

You can send iD a private message using Facebook Messenger, or X (formerly Twitter). 

The advisers work until 8pm on weekdays (6pm at weekends).

Yes but end up in a queue & then cuts me off!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

...shocking you can sell a service that ultimately doesn’t work.

Were you unable to get reception anywhere with the iD SIM card, @mgb311? That would be unusual.

None of the UK mobile network operators guarantee their services will work everywhere, all of the time - perhaps the Three UK mobile network wasn’t right for you. 

Userlevel 1

Hopefully the new app and the current website will let you check your data, minutes and texts usage properly soon? Will just have to wait and see if no one can tell me? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Abigail Jones,

Welcome to the Community!

The app and website are all up and running now.

Please let us know and you get on.

Want to leave feedback for the iD Mobile app? Click here.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?