Solved

OPPO A53 and WiFi calling

• 3 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi Guys,

Just a quick question…

I have just discovered what WiFi Calling is, after searching what the little phone symbol is that randomly appears next to my WiFi symbol. Further digging in to my settings revealed that WiFi Calling is turned on. This is where I’m getting confused…

I looked up WiFi Calling on iD Mobile and my phone is not in the ‘compatible phones’ drop down box. I don’t understand. I would be grateful if someone could help me understand.

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by andewhite 4 October 2022, 00:16

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

The list of ‘compatible’ phones is just those that iD have apparently tested with their Wi-Fi Calling service.

Handsets with Wi-Fi Calling capability that haven’t been tested by iD, may work perfectly with iD Wi-Fi Calling, but if not then you can’t count on getting any support from iD.

Anyway, good luck @AdrianB75.

Userlevel 1

The list of ‘compatible’ phones is just those that iD have apparently tested with their Wi-Fi Calling service.

Handsets with Wi-Fi Calling capability that haven’t been tested by iD, may work perfectly with iD Wi-Fi Calling, but if not then you can’t count on getting any support from iD.

Anyway, good luck @AdrianB75.

Ahh, OK.

Thanks 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi Guys,

Just a quick question…

I have just discovered what WiFi Calling is, after searching what the little phone symbol is that randomly appears next to my WiFi symbol. Further digging in to my settings revealed that WiFi Calling is turned on. This is where I’m getting confused…

I looked up WiFi Calling on iD Mobile and my phone is not in the ‘compatible phones’ drop down box. I don’t understand. I would be grateful if someone could help me understand.

Thanks.

Phones that are not on the list may still support WiFi Calling but may be intermittent.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?