phone bill higher

• 16 November 2023
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi just upgraded 2 days ago, received a email yesterday to say my bill is ready which is £10 but why does next month pill say I need to pay £32.79 which is due on the 25th of December thanks.

13 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Perhaps the billing cycle has changed as a result of upgrading, and there’s a one-off billing period longer than 1-month.

Have you checked PDF copy of your iD bill/s?

Userlevel 1

This month's bill is due on the 25th of this month,which is £10 but it says £10cr next to it,and on the app is says that next month bill will be £32.78, I upgraded 2 days ago to a £21.99 plan with phone.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Payment is normally collected by direct debit 14-days after the iD bill date.
Perhaps your most recent bill was produced before you upgraded @Brian spencer - I never trusted the iD app, so never used it.

This article might help, once you’ve got your December ‘23 bill.

Userlevel 1

billing period is 11th to the 10th than payment on the 25th,but don't see why next month is so high if I've got to still pay the £10 on the 25th of this month.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Brian spencer, I’m not from iD and can’t see your iD account for privacy and security reasons.

Your 11th Nov bill was £10, for the billing period 11-Nov-2023 to 10-Dec-2023. You’ve recently upgraded, on 14-Nov-2023? Upgrading will cause a new MINIMUM TERM contract with iD Mobile to begin, and billing cycle for this new contract might be different.

Anyway, in due course you should get a credit for most of the 11-Nov-2023 to 10-Dec-2023 billing period (old contract).

For quick answers to your questions, perhaps better to get in-touch with iD support using one of the following channels:

• Online Live Chat at https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat (via a popup window in a browser).
  • Sending private messages using Facebook Messenger.
  • Sending a DM using X (formerly Twitter).

The agents work until 8pm on weekdays (6pm at weekends).

FYI, from “Understanding your iD Mobile bill” FAQ article:

Userlevel 1

Ok thank you for your help

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Based on your billing cycle, and the time you upgraded I’d expect next iD bill (11th Dec) to be around £19-£22.

You won’t know exactly until Dec bill is generated, but Dec bill should include a credit of nearly £10. Anyway, I’m sure one of the online support agents can explain in detail.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Brian spencer,

Welcome to the Community!

Please let us know if you require further assistance with your bills.

If so we can drop you a PM for further investigation.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Hi there just got my phone bill,I payed £10 last month as I upgraded on 13 of November to a new phone and plan at £22 I've just received my bill for this month at £33.03 can you please explain why it's this high and plus it's saying next month bill will £32.71 plus the phone was a free upgrade and my plan should be £21.99 a month thanks

Userlevel 1

Hi @Brian spencer,

Welcome to the Community!

Please let us know if you require further assistance with your bills.

If so we can drop you a PM for further investigation.

Kash

Hi there just got my phone bill,I payed £10 last month as I upgraded on 13 of November to a new phone and plan at £22 I've just received my bill for this month at £33.03 can you please explain why it's this high and plus it's saying next month bill will £32.71 plus the phone was a free upgrade and my plan should be £21.99 a month thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Brian spencer 

I’d recommend checking the following post about the bill looking strange after an upgrade.

Anything incorrect will get corrected in the next monthly bill.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Hi it's all been sorted now Spock to id on chat last night and had bill put right thanks anyway 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Brian spencer,

Happy to hear that this is resolved.

If you require further assistance you can always get back to us via the Community.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?