Solved

Set default voicemail.

• 31 January 2024
  • 11 replies

Why is it I cannot use my voicemail without setting up a personal greeting, but once i’ve done that i’m stuck with it?

Before I set up voicemail you’d call my phone and have the default voicemail read out my number, however any messages wouldn’t save for me to listen to, now i’ve setup voicemail i’ve had to provide my name and a personalised voicemail- I do not want this, i require  the original voicemail I had.

For professional reasons I need the default voicemail, I cannot do with having my own voice as the voicemail as it sounds very unprofessional and too many people get confused by it- I’ve yet to find a way to return to default and reading previous posts it seems impossible.

Has anyone found a solution or are you really stuck with my own sickening voice as the voicemail sounding extremely unprofessional and informal. Unfortunately it’s looking like I’m going to have to leave ID and move to another network all over a stupid voicemail option just days after joining. Such a shame and a lost customer if so.

icon

Best answer by JoeKing 1 February 2024, 04:37

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 4

You should be able to change your greetings. 

Just to prove a point I had a personal greetings set up so I called 123 (as the default voicemail speed dial 1 on keypad not an option for me at present). Just listen to the options about your personal greeting there's a few option to select. One option is not to use your personal greeting another was delete personal greeting I went for delete personal greeting just follow the instructions each time.

This removed my personal greeting and reverted back to the standard voicemail greetings. 

If you cannot change your greeting then there an issue with IDM system and you need to talk to someone on the Live Chat type Speak to a person in the message field. 

Hope this helps you out. 😉

there was no option, only to change my recorded name, so far i’ve left it as a blank recording and it plays as so on my phone, but when my Mrs phones me to test it reads out my number so i don’t even know what’s going on now, it’s a very silly and confusing setup ID need to sort.

I’ll have to see how it goes and possibly get a recording of a computer reading out my number if it doesn’t work :(

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @moover42, welcome to the community.

You’re not able to bypass the greeting when setting up the voicemail. However, @JoeKing is correct in that you should be able to change the greeting after one has already been made.

If you’re not able to change it, just let us know and we’ll send you a PM to discuss the issue further.

-Lauren

Hi @moover42, welcome to the community.

You’re not able to bypass the greeting when setting up the voicemail. However, @JoeKing is correct in that you should be able to change the greeting after one has already been made.

If you’re not able to change it, just let us know and we’ll send you a PM to discuss the issue further.

-Lauren

Hi Lauren

I've got the same issue I wish to revert to system answer reading my number but can't seem to change the greeting.

Regards

John

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Ansonuk,

Welcome to the Community!

If you have saved a voicemail greeting the default greeting will be removed.

You won’t be able to get the default greeting back but you can record a new greeting.

Kash

Hi Kash

I have saved the greeting. Do you know of any websites that will give me a computer generated voice message along the lines of " 07956 123456 is not available please leave a message" ?

Thanks and regards 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Ansonuk,

Call 123:
Option 3: Greetings menu
Option 0: More options
Option 6: Name for the system greeting
Option 3: Rerecord name

Stay silent once the tone is heard for at least 5 seconds and this should work.

When the greeting is played back, it will be silence followed by the system greeting.

Kash

Hi Kash

That's not what I'm after theres just a period of silence I want system voice to read my number

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Ansonuk,

Unfortunately we can’t change it back to default.

You can either record the message yourself or as mentioned a website which will allow you read out a typed message that you can record.

Kash

Hi @Ansonuk,

You can either record the message yourself or as mentioned a website which will allow you read out a typed message that you can record.

Kash

Thanks, can you Kash or anyone else recommend a website ?

Userlevel 4

Hi @Ansonuk,

Kash

Thanks, can you Kash or anyone else recommend a website ?

Try this site 

https://www.narakeet.com/create/voicemail-greeting-generator.html

Why iD Mobile?