Solved

sharing data to another sim?

• 24 July 2021
  • 6 replies

Hello, I want to get another ID mobile sim and link it to my current one with a data plan for data, Can I share my data between sims?

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 24 July 2021, 00:29

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

No you cannot. Each SIM will have its own allowance but you can enable hotspot mode and share your data allowance with other devices.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @JamesHarris,

Yeah, what @WelshPaul said basically.

Cheers,

Will

No you cannot. Each SIM will have its own allowance but you can enable hotspot mode and share your data allowance with other devices.

Can I set a allowance to a new sim from one of my sims mobile data?

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @JamesHarris,

You won’t be able to share the data allowance in that way, but as stated, if you have one SIM card with a lot of data, you can put it inside a phone and then set up a mobile hotspot for your other phone to connect to so it uses the 1st phone’s data allowance. This only works when connected to the hotspot though and not permanently.

Ryan

Hi @JamesHarris,

You won’t be able to share the data allowance in that way, but as stated, if you have one SIM card with a lot of data, you can put it inside a phone and then set up a mobile hotspot for your other phone to connect to so it uses the 1st phone’s data allowance. This only works when connected to the hotspot though and not permanently.

Ryan

OK, so can I gift a sim some data? And is there data only plans

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @JamesHarris,

You won’t be able to gift a SIM some data. Our SIM cards can only use it’s own data. Setting up a mobile hotspot from a phone is just a way to share data temporarily whilst physically near to each other, usually within a few metres.

We don’t have data only plans, however our SIM only plans come with a good amount of data for the price: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/sim-only-deals

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?