Question

'Sim not provisioned' still after 4 days ..

• 1 May 2023
  • 7 replies

I received a PAC code from my old phone network and provided it to idMobile upon purchasing my new phone and sim. I was previously on another network but wanted to keep my number. 

I picked up my new phone on Thursday and inserted the sim , it read 'sim not provisioned'. I assumed it was not working just yet as my mobile number needs to be transferred, my old sim still works. 

Its been 4 days now and my new sim still isn't working and my number hasn't been transferred, I've tried the trouble shooting options but nothing is working, new sim doesn't work on my old phone, emergency calls only.

What do I do?

Thank you

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You may need a replacement, if the iD SIM doesn’t work in different handsets (assuming your old handset isn’t network locked) - sounds like it could be damaged or faulty @Lucy Bretherton

If your old provider’s SIM is still active, then your number hasn’t been transferred.
What date did you select for transferring the number you wanted to keep to iD Mobile? 

Hi thanks for your response. No my old phone isn't locked. I didn't select a date for the transfer it didn't provide me an option :/  In my order email it just says the number switch date will be after I collect my the phone. 

I may need to call up customer service , just weary as online it says it charges you.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Lucy Bretherton, iD Mobile don’t have a telephone support helpline - all their help & support is online.

You can ‘talk’ using the online iD live chat service, or alternatively contact the iD customer support team privately by using Facebook (with Messenger), or Twitter (by DM) for assistance.

The support teams work until 8pm on weekdays (and 6pm at weekends + bank holidays).

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Lucy Bretherton,

What network are you porting from? Is it Vodafone? We’re aware of some ports from Vodafone not being processed yet and this is due to a delay on Vodafone’s end as they have not provided the required files to complete the ports.

Wondering if this is linked to this.

Hi thanks for your response, It is Tesco Mobile unfortunately.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi thanks for your response, It is Tesco Mobile unfortunately.

If your Tesco Mobile SIM card is still active, then your number hasn’t been transferred to iD Mobile yet. 

Good luck @Lucy Bretherton

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Lucy Bretherton 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Why iD Mobile?