Solved

Trade-in bonus promotion not received

Hi, when trading in my phone for upgrade, there was a promotion of an additional £150 when purchasing a Samsung s22. I've received the original quoted amount but not this additional boost. It looks like I'm not the first person to have trouble with this, what do I need to do in order to get the promotion as promised? I've already contacted Carphone Warehouse on two occasions with no reply.

Many thanks

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 24 January 2023, 14:50

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @ZH77,

Sorry to hear you’ve not had your promotional trade-in yet.

We can get this escalated to the Trade-in Team at Carphone Warehouse.

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Mohammed

After chasing Carphone Warehouse, I've now received an email from them to say that this promotion was only valid for Android phones?! This wasn't stated anywhere in the promotion details as you can see in the screenshot, if its true then this is false advertising and if its an excuse to try and get out of paying then it's disgraceful. I stayed with ID mobile when upgrading because I thought it would be LESS hassle than changing networks but this whole experience has been so disappointing after two years of great customer service. Please advise how I can get the £150 that you advertised.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

The Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra is an Android phone @ZH77

The phone that is being traded in, I traded in an IPhone.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

So you traded in an iPhone and bought a Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra?

Did you get the trade-in value for the iPhone but not the bonus £150 stated in the offer?

You should try calling the trade-in helpline on 0370 111 6565 for assistance @ZH77.

Correct, and I have already raised with ID who escalated with the Carphone Warehouse team, who have emailed me to say the offer was only valid for Android phone trade ins. I've had no reply to my last email to Carphone Warehouse questioning this, and if I don't get one then the next step will be legal advice. I can't get through on the helpline and don't have time to stay on hold I'm afraid.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @ZH77, the terms & conditions for this offer are online at:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/trade-in/terms-and-conditions

These don’t seem to have a stipulation about the trade-in phone being Android, so I guess legal advice is your next step.

You’ll probably spend more than £150 in time & effort though - maybe one of the iD forum moderators can help. They appear to have responded to your topic at:

Anyway, good luck @ZH77

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @ZH77 I’ve merged your topics together as they both relate to the same issue.

I can see we’ve got a PM conversation open with you and you can message us there if you have any concerns relating to this.

Mohammed

I have also been given the runaround with regard to the 150 trade in. Different excuses from different people. Clearly stated 'any phone any condition' but ID doing everything they can to not pay up. Numerous PMs have just gone round in circles. I'm going to raise with advertising standards agency and think others should do the same. I have been loyal customers for years and feel utterly let down by this shabby treatment.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Smithtoons,

I’m sorry to hear that.

We’ll reply to you via PM to advise on this. 

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?