Solved

Unstable Internet Connection (4G)

• 5 October 2022
  • 5 replies

I recently switched to ID Mobile and the connection is very unstable. I use the data for everything this includes gaming, streaming videos, work etc and I never experienced such problems when I was with Vodafone.

Every few minutes I would experience a spike in the download and/or upload latency and it’s every noticeable as when gaming I would randomly teleport while having normal ping. This also happens when just using google as the pages wouldn’t load. After a few seconds to minutes the latency would drop and everything works normally.

The phone is connected to my PC using USB Tethering and is almost always on full bars of signal using 4G since 5G isn’t available in my area yet. Is there a way to fix this?

Device: iPhone 14 Pro

Download speed (Average): 58 Mbps 

Download Latency (Average): 200 Ms (Lowest seen: 50 Ms) | (Highest seen: 1200 Ms)

Upload speed (Average): 14 Mbps (Lowest seen: 0.2 Mbps) | (Highest seen: 23 Mbps)

Upload Latency (Average): 50 Ms (Lowest seen: 45 Ms) | (Highest seen: 350 Ms)

Ping (Average): 45 Ms

icon

Best answer by Tom 11 October 2022, 12:44

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @piotr1 

While using mobile data you may will be subject to variations and fluctuations in speeds, ping, latency etc.

This may also depend on the location where you are using the data, we’d recommend checking your postcode on the iD Mobile Coverage and Outage checker to make sure the area you’re in is rated for the data you’re trying to use.

Tom

Hi @Tom 

I had a look at the Coverage and Outage checker. The coverage checker shows “yes - very good service” for both 3G / 4G outdoor and indoor service.

I have also checked the Network Status Checker and it says “We’re carrying out network upgrades in your area”. However, since the checker shows that the service is “very good” while doing network upgrades in my area I would assume I wouldn’t encounter such issue or at least they would occur less frequently.

Is it possible for you to find out when the network upgrades will be complete since there is no time/date shown? and also is it an upgrade to 5G or just the existing 3G / 4G service if I private message you my post code and any other information you may need?

Piotr

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @piotr1 

It seems like in this case Three UK are aware and are doing work in your area.

We’d typically allow 7 days for Three UK to perform work in an area and have a fix.

If you’ve had the issue for 7 days or more please let us know here so we can get in contact with you!

Tom

Hi @Tom 

It’s been happening since the 28th of September. That’s the day I received the phone/sim card. I was hoping the issue would be fixed by now but I guess it’s still isn’t. If you could get someone to contact me that would be great. If you need any other information from me I will respond as soon as possible.

Piotr

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Okay, @piotr1 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further and consider your options.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?