Skip to main content

99 days have passed. When will the gift voucher arrive?

Hi @Big Col 

Please could you describe what voucher you’re referring to?

What would you be getting this voucher for?

Tom

When I signed up with IDMobile the incentive was a £30 Curry’s or Amazon voucher that would be sent 90 days after signing up. 90 days have now passed!

When I signed up with IDMobile the incentive was a £30 Curry’s or Amazon voucher that would be sent 90 days after signing up. 90 days have now passed!

Have you contacted the voucher provider about this, @Big Col

It is usually a third party voucher, typically from Giftcloud, offered as an incentive to purchase via one of the price comparison websites, e.g. Money Saving Expert, uswitch, etcetera.

No. How will I know? I can’t understand why these deals have to be so complicated! My suspicion is that they offer them in the hope that you will forget that you should be receiving a voucher and then it is complicated to claim the voucher. Am I right to be such a sceptic?

No. How will I know? I can’t understand why these deals have to be so complicated! My suspicion is that they offer them in the hope that you will forget that you should be receiving a voucher and then it is complicated to claim the voucher. Am I right to be such a sceptic?

Yeah, I’m sure that’s something ‘designed’ into these type of online incentives, @Big Col

Do you recall the comparison site where you found your SIM only offer?

I’m pretty sure it was MSE - I do trust that site.

I’m pretty sure it was MSE - I do trust that site.

Martin Lewis sold the business to Money Supermarket a while back, and not sure if MSE has been the same since being sold, @Big Col

Here’s an example of current MSE iD Mobile offer, along with the Giftcloud incentive.

Clicking on Get deal, in the offer terms it says to please contact hello@giftcloud.com for any further queries.

🤞

Hi @Big Col 

As @andewhite suggests, this sounds very much like an MSE/Giftcloud offer.

We’d recommend checking your emails and contacting them directly for support.

Tom

I’ve tried contacting Giftcloud but no response so far. Why is this so difficult? Answer: so that we don’t bother!

I’ve tried contacting Giftcloud but no response so far. Why is this so difficult? Answer: so that we don’t bother!

Alas @Big Col, you’re not the first nor probably the last to discover sometimes these online incentives are not as simple as suggested.

Hi @Big Col 

I’m sorry you feel it isn’t easy, you’ll need to feed that back to Giftcloud, it’s their offer, not ours.

Tom

Hi @Big Col 

I’m sorry you feel it isn’t easy, you’ll need to feed that back to Giftcloud, it’s their offer, not ours.

Tom

That’s an interesting and disappointing response Tom - I took out a contract with IDMobile and I’m paying IDMobile. IDMobile should take more interest in the after sales support of their customers - not pass the buck to some other company.

Hi @Big Col 

I’m sorry you feel that way, we’re not ‘passing the buck’, it is their offer, not ours, we have little to nothing to do with it.

Tom

“Little to nothing to do with it” - apart from profiting from people like me who are incentivised to switch to IDMobile because of the ‘offer’!

Hi there @Big Col, we’re sorry you feel this way, and appreciate your frustrations and feedback.

However, you will need to contact them directly for further assistance.

Thank you,

Tyler

Good news! I’ve had a response from Giftcloud. They tell me it will take another 20 days to investigate my claim. This is the most amazing service I’ve ever received!