Question

Unable to send text messages using WiFi Calling

• 11 October 2018
  • 29 replies

Show first post

29 replies

Userlevel 1
Hi. Had the same problem with my I phone. This what I had to do. Go to Settings then going to phone settings and enter your phone number in? It worked for me . Good luck . Switch off then back on
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Seems to be an intermittent issue with ID Mobiles SMS outgoing system.
Unable to delivery sms messages

I had same the other night around 10:30 I thought it was a network glitch couldn't send any text's, so put wifi calling on and same issue no resolve, making and receiving calls was working okay.

Could text myself, obviously that's going to work it just loops back, silly test really no idea why I even mentioned that little nugget.

Wasn't going to start messing resetting, defaulting or wiping anything as nothing has changed.
Why should we reset and system restore unnecessarily...? These can be just as infuriating as the issue especially when there is still no resolve at the end of the process.

Airplane mode and turning the mobile off and back on had little to no effect what so ever.
By the morning texting was back to normal.

I have an Iphone on iOS 12.3.1

Would like to here from anyone else having this intermittent issue
Userlevel 1
Hi. I had the problem with text message not sending message errors? But was sending ? Found out the Id mobile SIM card number was still on phone ? My phone number was ported over but did not change the internal number on my phone. Do you need to change ii in the settings. Please error was when I was on WiFi calling on iPhone
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi. I had the problem with text message not sending message errors? But was sending ? Found out the Id mobile SIM card number was still on phone ? My phone number was ported over but did not change the internal number on my phone. Do you need to change ii in the settings. Please error was when I was on WiFi calling on iPhone

@Sketchro
This is one of the most annoying issues facing current technologies things that should be automatic, MY NUMBER should change to whatever your number is... yet it is left to the user to sort it out!

Back in the day older mobiles would pick up MY NUMBER from the sim card and just do it, nowadays its left to chance.

This isn't my issue I just checked MY NUMBER after seeing your comment and it's showing as the correct number, thumbs up to you for spotting this!