Skip to main content

I recently changed my phone. All been fine until today... I cant make or receive calls. When someone calls me it rings their end but doesn't ring on my phone and if I try to call...nothing.

Mobile data working fine and have full 4g signal. 

Hey there @Emily Anderson, welcome to Community!

Have you checked that your phone number is correct in your settings?

Have you tried restarting the phone?

Have you tried taking the SIM card out, cleaning the SIM and SIM tray, then re-entering it?

Have you tried resetting network settings?

Thanks,

Tyler

I have been using iPhone 114 pro max which I bought from Vodafone and I have finished my contract with them, I decided to port to ID mobile and after I got my sim and did the necessary things I was happy to have got it switched 

unfortunately, I can’t make calls or receive text messages but I can use my mobile data. I have tried the flight mode on and off then switch off my phone and when I do it I will be able to make call for some minutes. I have updated my phone software but to no avail. I took off the sim and put it in another phone and it was ok, I put another sim on my phone and it was ok. Inserting back the ID mobile sim on my phone but all to no avail. 
 I have just got 2 years contract on it and I did the same for my wife. How can I terminate my contract if it is not working out for me? What steps can I take  to enjoy my ID sim

thanks

I’ve got the same problem, switched to idmobile 2 days ago and today can’t send messages or make calls. All other functions are working on my phone. Concerning as I need my phone for various reasons like everyone else. 

I’ve got the same problem, switched to idmobile 2 days ago and today can’t send messages or make calls. All other functions are working on my phone. Concerning as I need my phone for various reasons like everyone else. 

This is exactly what I’m going through. I got mine 2 days ago too. Sometimes surprisingly u get call or make calls and I thought it might be network coverage but I switched phones and sims and it became ok but when I insert the ID mobile on my phone it becomes useless. Should I go flash my phone?

I’ve got no network coverage, which is highly annoying. When I try to log my number, name and DOB on my app I get an error message. I’ve no way of contacting anyone as I end up going round in circles. No idea what to do!

Hi @Emily Anderson , @Decency , @Emma_1117 👋🏻

The reply I gave in this post is for a Samsung Galaxy phone but may help clarify the problem you are all experiencing (please use a search engine if you need to fifind the relevant information on your phone).

@Decency as you state ‘I have been using iPhone 114 pro max which I bought from Vodafone’ and this may be the reason you can’t make/receive calls as the relevant handset software updates are more than likely being controlled by Vodafone who you are no longer with.

Hope this helps you all to some extent x

Hi @Emily Anderson , @Decency , @Emma_1117 👋🏻

The reply I gave in this post is for a Samsung Galaxy phone but may help clarify the problem you are all experiencing (please use a search engine if you need to fifind the relevant information on your phone).

@Decency as you state ‘I have been using iPhone 114 pro max which I bought from Vodafone’ and this may be the reason you can’t make/receive calls as the relevant handset software updates are more than likely being controlled by Vodafone who you are no longer with.

Hope this helps you all to some extent x

I’m sorry it didn’t help. Reason is because I went to Vodafone today and they said I can use my phone with any sim. I inserted lebara, EE, Tesco mobile and Lyka mobile on same phone and they all worked well. I waited for my wife to come back home as her switch from Vodafone was today and she bought her phone directly from Apple. So it’s Notting to do with any network and same thing is happening on her phone iPhone 14 Pro Max. I observed something this evening, whenever 3G comes to my phone I can make call but with 4 or 5G I can’t make or receive calls. It’s really traumatising and depressing. 

since we have not used the sim for up to 3 days and we went for 2 years contract is there away we can opt out without paying termination fee or  paying for the entire contract because it’s not our fault not to get the service we  are paying for

I have done all settings but to no avail 

You should modify your screenshot as you should NEVER show your phone no. in a pubic forum - scammers etc.

You should modify your screenshot as you should NEVER show your phone no. in a pubic forum - scammers etc.

That is not my phone number. That is what I keep seeing on my phone when it says network provider. If I click on network provider I see that number

That is not my phone number. That is what I keep seeing on my phone when it says network provider. If I click on network provider I see that number

The number shown is for voicemail.

Hi @Decency 

Have you tried a replacement SIM card?

Tom

I will try this out. Thank you

Hi @Decency 

Have you tried a replacement SIM card?

Tom