Skip to main content

Recently took out an ID mobile contract after 10 years with Tesco mobile. I have next to no reception in Edinburgh city centre, voice calls cut off and when using WhatsApp also poor. Is anyone else seen this? Very surprised and disappointed.

Recently took out an ID mobile contract after 10 years with Tesco mobile. I have next to no reception in Edinburgh city centre, voice calls cut off and when using WhatsApp also poor. Is anyone else seen this? Very surprised and disappointed.

Have you tried using the SIM in your old phone ( if you have one) to make sure it isn't the phone. Tesco use O2 which is probably the best provider I've ever used but very expensive. iD use Three Network which definitely isn't as good. I was up in Edinburgh before Christmas and I remember the network being patchy... 

Thanks, the iPhone handset is brand new and I do not have the issues (that I’ve noticed) anywhere else. It’s the same place.

Hi @RSWW,

Welcome to the Community!

I would advise to check the coverage and network status using the link below:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/coverage#coverage-info

If no issues show it may be worth testing the SIM in a different handset or a replacement SIM.

Kash