Solved

Lost coverage in my flat on 3G

Since this morning my phone has lost coverage (it is a 3G phone) and says SOS calls only. Yet when I cross the hall to my neighbour’s flat there is coverage. I chatted online and was told there had been work in my area but that had finished. There was no idea of when my service would be restored. Is therr anything I can do about this - maybe change my network settings?

icon

Best answer by andewhite 6 July 2022, 17:08

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If you’ve got a 3G only phone you might be in an area where Three (iD Mobile’s network partner) have turned OFF their 3G network.

Three UK are working on turning OFF their 3G network by end of 2024 - see the Three UK online news article at https://www.three.co.uk/hub/3g-network-news/.

Anyway, good luck.

Thank you for letting me know that - though it’s a bit alarming as it suggests the problem may not get sorted!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

All the UK mobile networks will be turning off their 3G infrastructure in the not too distant future.

This is part of a plan for the UK mobile network industry.

If you’ve got 3G only phone, you’re snookered going forward, unless you get a 4G handset.

But, if your iD phone works in a neighbouring flat, then you’ll be okay for a while yet - anyway, good luck. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hey @LondonPhone 

It is possible that if you have a 3G device you will experience issues in the future with the 3G shut off rolling out via Three.

If you continue to have issues in areas that you frequent I’d recommend taking a look at a 4G or even 5G device!

Tom

Why iD Mobile?