Solved

Not registered on network

• 16 December 2020
  • 15 replies

My phone has been out of action for weeks. I've been getting a message at the top of my screen stating "emergency calls only", I try to make a call but I keep getting "not registered on network".

I’ve been using my phone for over a year with no problems, suddenly this happens. I upgraded my plan from £14.99 to £15.99 in the hope that this would make a difference, but no.

On the 8th December, I recieved a text from Id mobile - "Good news! Your new SIM card is now in the process of being activated. The SIM should be activated shortly, but this can take up to 24 hours. We'll send you a text message to confirm as soon as the activation is complete".- I never requested a new sim card nor an activation. I have not recieved a sim card nor a confirmation text.

I can’t get throught to Livechat either! 

Could the  ID team please urgently resolve this problem.

icon

Best answer by Ryan 23 December 2020, 11:23

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

15 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @BazSmith,

I’m sorry to hear about these issues. If you upgrade, a new SIM card is sometimes sent just in case you have a new device and it sounds as though the SIM card was activated within your account when the prompt appeared. We will send you a PM now to help further.

Ryan

Userlevel 1

My phone has been working fine but has come up with the message, ‘Not registered on Network’. I also can’t get through to live chat and there are no phone numbers for iD.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @Frithfisher 

Have you tried restarting your phone at all to see if that helps?

Could you try taking out your SIM card, then re-inserting that and seeing how things fair?

Let us know if this continues to happen and if you notice any pattern to the problem?

Knowing your full postcode could potentially help us also.

Thanks

Userlevel 1

Yes, this has worked for texts and calls. Thanks 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Frithfisher,

That’s great to hear! Please let us know if you need help with anything else.

Ryan

Most helpfull. Many thanks.

Baz

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

No worries @BazSmith,

We’re always here if ever you need anything else.

Will

Hi there,

I recently moved to iD and was sent a new (already activated) SIM card but my phone keeps showing me the message “not registered on network” whenever it fails to call. I have received/made a small handful of calls already but most people trying to ring me tell me it goes straight to voicemail. (With texts the message is “service unavailable”.)

My phone is not on the approved/compatible handset list but I have already made and received calls with this problematic SIM.

I have already attempted to restart my phone, take out and re-insert my SIM, and iD does not come up as an option when selecting a network operator manually in settings.

Would appreciate some guidance. Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @scarbw,

What handset are you using?

Will

Hi @Will,

It’s a Samsung Galaxy M31, unlocked.

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Thanks @scarbw,

Have you tried switching between 3G and 4G?

Will

@Will my phone doesn’t give me a 4G option, only 2G or 3G. Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @scarbw 

Are you able to test the sim in another phone to see if you are still having the same issue? 

-Mohsin

Hi @Mohsin,

I have tested the SIM in a different phone (OnePlus 2) and it didn’t work. I understand this is an old phone but I have no other alternative.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Oki doke @scarbw, it sounds like you may need a replacement SIM card.

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Will

Why iD Mobile?