Question

poco f3 5G

Hi everyone,

Been with Id a few years now,seen the email regarding 5g and checked my area to find that I could get it.

I've invested in a Poco F3 5G handset and it seems as though it's not a supported 5G handset, I didn't even realise it would be an issue.

I've read other people that are still able to receive 5G on non supported handsets but mine doesn't.

Do I need a new SIM, do I need a new plan?

My phone is fully updated and still no joy. 

Rather than change phones I'd be tempted to change networks if i can't resolve it.

Ross 🤟

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi everyone,

Been with Id a few years now,seen the email regarding 5g and checked my area to find that I could get it.

I've invested in a Poco F3 5G handset and it seems as though it's not a supported 5G handset, I didn't even realise it would be an issue.

I've read other people that are still able to receive 5G on non supported handsets but mine doesn't.

Rather than change phones I'd be tempted to change networks if i can't resolve it.

Ross 🤟

Ross, ignore the "supported list". I'm fairly sure it will work on 5G as according to the specs it has band N78 NSA.

https://m.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_poco_f3-ampp-10758.php

Userlevel 1

Hi everyone,

Ross 🤟

Ross, ignore the "supported list". I'm fairly sure it will work on 5G as according to the specs it has band N78 NSA.

https://m.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_poco_f3-ampp-10758.php

BTW check your network settings to make sure 5G is selected. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Not necessarily so @Selgovae…

I have two Oppo Reno4 Z 5g handsets, both SIM free, both on the same firmware versions, both purchased on the same day from Argos, both have an ID Mobile SIM inserted (both on the same plan) and yet only one of them works with 5G. Both phones work with 5G on O2 and Vodafone!

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Selgovae and @rossmale,

Please click here to see the current list of 5G compatible handsets.

If you have a 5G ready phone that isn’t on the list, then the phone may still be able to connect to the 5G network, it just means we have not tested it yet. Any 5G enabled phone may still work and be able to connect to 5G; however, as we haven’t tested it we cannot guarantee it will until its been tested and placed on the aforementioned list.

Will

My phone isn't on the compatible list but I thought it would still receive a 5G signal.

Tried a few local areas that are supposed to be covered by 5G and still no joy.

Double checked all my settings.

Do I not need a newer Sim card? Mines a few years old now I think.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @rossmale,

All of our existing 4G SIM cards will connect to the 5G network when it is inserted into a compatible handset so a new SIM card is likely to not make a difference. If you would still like to give it a try, you can request one from our Live Chat Team here. 

Ryan

Hi. I've got a simarlar issue with the Poco M3 pro. It will occasionally pick up 5g but when it does I loose connectivity. Is there a fix for this or do I need to leave Id mobile for this phone to work?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Daniel Philpott 

Have you ensure that the preferred network type is selected as 5G in the settings?

-Mohsin

@mohsin I've had to turn 5g off in settings to stop it picking up 5g. If I leave it on and it picks up 5g I loose all connectivity including phone calls in or out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Daniel Philpott 

The device that you have isn’t 5G enabled by iD Mobile at the moment.

5G with iD Mobile is on available on selected handsets which you can find at the link below:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/5g

Your handset may connect to 5G but you won’t be able to use the services.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?