Skip to main content

I struggle to make a call in ex12 everyone complains the calls break up....no signal....enable WiFi calls and no different. Never had a problem with ee and sit right next to the hub!! So surely no problem with the hub...everything else works fine. Is there anything else I need to do to be sure it's going over the WiFi? Not that that having no service from id is bad enough. How do I get out of this contract on basis of no service!!

Get used to it. Search this forum and you'll see countless signal issues threads

Shite network.

Hello @Mikez 

Welcome and thank you for posting to the community. 

We are very sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with making calls, we would want to do all we can to help resolve this. 

Can you please confirm if the issue is only occurring within the postcode provided? How is the service elsewhere? Unfortunately, we are not able to guarantee a strong signal in all areas but you can check the coverage in your area here

With WiFi calling, we would recommend taking a look at our support page here as you will be able to select your handset make for more specific support. 

Please let us know if you have any further questions. 

Nat 

Hi Nat, I am sorry your message is not helpful. Your coverage map shows excellent 4g coverage at my post code. This I checked before I bought your service. But this is not so the signal strength meter lights only the minimum bar. Please read my original message I list 3 location I frequent which also have appalling signal. No surprise in more populated areas I have plenty of signal. I know my ph is trying to use WIFI as the symbol comes up on the call button when connected to wifi. The support pages told me nothing I don’t know or understand.

I do not like the way your company treats customers and this open public community forum is not a way I feel comfortable communicating. I did not enjoy being cut off without warning either. And you do not provide the service you claim to at my address so want to negotiate a termination of my contract as I am beyond being unhappy with you. Not you as a person if you are one as I have seen this stock reply in other threads so it could be AI I am communicating with. But with ID mobile.

I agree wholeheartedly with this and I am in exactly the same position.

I feel I have been mis-sold a plan that doesn't provide the service it claims and I would like it escalated.

I don't want to communicate in an open forum or with a chat bot.

How this is ever deemed an acceptable method of resolving issues is completely beyond me.

Hi @Mikez & @Doogstar 

I’m sorry you don’t find the above message helpful.

The coverage checker may well show excellent 4G in your area, however it’s based on estimates, it’s not 100% guaranteed to be correct, all iD Mobile plans have a cooling off period in which you’ll be able to return should you find your area isn’t covered as well as you thought.

If you don’t wish to communicate via the community forum that’s your choice, you don’t have to, to contact us directly we’d recommend using the Live Chat, Facebook or Twitter.

We aren’t using AI to reply here, @Natalie W is a real, community agent, as am I.

Tom

Well thks Tom at least there is some questions being answered. But still no response to my initial question. And if there is cooling off period how long is it?...I am guessing I outside it but as I make few calls it's taken time to learn they often are of such poor quality I have to resort to txt.

I don't use or want to have Facebook or twitter accounts. I so I still feel I have no choice than to type here. Tho I will try the chat again if I have an hour to spare!

My first question was how do I know my calls r actually going over WiFi. I don't see why I would still get poor quality and complaints from those I talk to. Never had this problem with my previous provider. I get the WiFi symbol on the ph call button but am guessing this just the ph saying its putting it out on the Internet. But what happens at the other end! When your system picks it up....or doesn't as I suspect so the call actually tries to complete over air. 

Can you imagine all this typing into a chat app!!!! I am amazed that with such a unhappy customer u still can' t offer a voice call to sort out my issues.

Hey there @Mikez, thank you for your response.

If you wish to talk to us over the phone, you can make a complaint via calling our complaints team on 0800 049 2402.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/complaints-procedure

To confirm, what phone do you have, and do texts and data work all okay?

Thanks,

Tyler