Skip to main content
Solved

unusable internet connection

After having problems with my phone number being transferred over , leaving me with no connection for well over a day. Now I have been told everything has gone over successfully but I have no real usable internet connection. At best a 3G connection that lasts for a few seconds then drops out again.

I have just taken out this contract for handset and sim but as it is unusable I might have to use the cooling off period and cancel the contract. Very disappointed.

37 replies

Userlevel 1

Also just realised I can’t ring out either !

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Morning @Menacehead,

If you’ve recently switched from another network, your port is done in stages. I’d recommend removing your iD Mobile SIM, restart your phone and reinsert your SIM to reconnect to our network. Has your old SIM from your previous provider disconnected?

Thanks.

Userlevel 1

Hi, yeah I’ve done all the above, the actual number has gone over and I can send/receive texts and receive calls but can’t make them and have an extremely poor signal and internet signal.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Afternoon @Menacehead,

I’m sorry to hear this. What make and model device are you using? Have you checked our Coverage Checker to see if you should be getting signal https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/coverage and if there are any known issues in your area?

Thanks.

Userlevel 1

Done everything, spoken to 4 different agents on live chat. I was waiting for the tech team to sort it out but it’s gone past 48hours now that they were supposed to contact me /sort out the problem .

Done everything, spoken to 4 different agents on live chat. I was waiting for the tech team to sort it out but it’s gone past 48hours now that they were supposed to contact me /sort out the problem .

What phone you using?! And have you tried the SIM in your old phone ( if you have one) I'm having problems with a pixel 8 pro and when I put the SIM into my old phone it works perfectly so it must be a faulty phone for me. Maybe the same for you.

Userlevel 1

Like I said, I’ve tried everything and I was waiting on the tech team to contact me but they haven’t so after days of not been able to use my phone properly, I think I will be returning it and ending the ‘service’

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey @Menacehead.

I’ve taken a look at your account and have seen the open ticket with the Tech Team. This morning, it was raised with our network partner 3UK. There is a target resolution of 26th July, which I appreciate is longer than the initial 48 hours you were expecting.

Thanks.

Userlevel 1

Still unresolved!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Menacehead - I’ve had a look into the account. Please try the dialling the below code:

For Android: #330*0000#
For Apple iPhone (All outgoing calls and TXT) : #33*0000#

Thanks.

Userlevel 1

That has worked for the calls. But the internet signal is still unusable. I can’t even do a speed test half the time because of low or no connection. 3G has been the best connection and when I did get to complete a speed test it said 7mbps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Okay great some progress has been made @Menacehead. Do the Mobile Data issues only impact you at a specific postcode, or is it wherever you go? Thanks.

Userlevel 1

Its wherever i go 

Userlevel 1

Still no usable signal, can’t even do a speed test most of the time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Morning @Menacehead,

Sorry to hear you’re having issues. I’d recommend following up with our Live Chat. Let them know you have previously raised a ticket and they’ll follow up with 3UK for further advice.

Thanks.

Userlevel 1

Ended up going round in circles as usual. I’ve spent hours most days over the last week trying to sort this out. It’s absolutely ridiculous.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Menacehead let’s configure a couple of SIM settings and try a manual roam, I see you’re using an iPhone 15 Pro:

1. Settings → Mobile Service → Voice & Data → Change 5G Auto to 5G On.

And for a Manual Roam:

1. Settings → Mobile Service → Network Selection → Turn off Automatic Toggle → Select Vodafone UK, O2 - UK or EE. 
  2. Exit the Menu and wait around 60 seconds.
  3. Go back into the Menu and select iD.
  4. Exit the Menu.

See if either of these options improve things.

Userlevel 1

Nope …did both of these twice and still getting just a 3G sign with no internet connection 

Userlevel 1

Do you have any more suggestions ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Are you using a physical SIM or an eSIM @Menacehead? It might be worth getting a replacement (and if you do, I’d suggest eSIM as it can be emailed instantly). Thanks.

Userlevel 1

To rule out a SIM card problem I now have an eSIM 

Userlevel 1

It’s actually over 10 days now of no proper internet connection (never mind the other problem of no calling out for the first week). I’ll be paying over £1000 over the 2 years for a new iPhone with 5g capability and I can’t  even get a workable 3G signal!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Morning @Menacehead. Sorry to hear about replacement eSIM hasn’t worked. I’ve reached out to my team to see if they have any further suggestions. Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Menacehead - Your issue has been raised with our second line team. I’ll message here again once I have an update. Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Menacehead - 3UK have gotten back to us with a fix, and they expect you’ll have 4G/5G restored by end of day today. You may need to reboot your iPhone later this evening for it to kick in. Let me know how you get on.