Badge +3

This article has been updated with the:

• Oppo Find X5 Lite
  • Oppo Find X5 Pro
  • Oppo Find X5

Emil

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Article updated with the iPhone SE (2022).

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Article updated with the Motorola Moto G22.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

New devices added: 

• Samsung A33
  • Samsung A03
  • Redmi Note 11
  • Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G
  • Xiaomi 12
  • Xiaomi 12 Pro 5G
  • Honor Magic 4 Lite 5G
  • Are there any plans to add wifi calling to the LG K42?

I live in an area where the mobile signal is variable so this would be very useful.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Stevetuc 

It’s unlikely that this device would be one we’d add as it’s not one we sell. 

Mohammed

I'm new to ID and would like to use WiFi calling, as the signal inside my house is non existent.  My phone is a Realme 8, it's not on the list, but phones on its sister company Oppo are on the list. Will WiFi calling work my phone?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I'm new to ID and would like to use WiFi calling, as the signal inside my house is non existent.  My phone is a Realme 8, it's not on the list, but phones on its sister company Oppo are on the list. Will WiFi calling work my phone?

It might work @TomMiller - have you tried? 
You’ll only get best endeavour help & support, if your device is not on the iD list. 

Thanks for your reply @andewhite , I can't try it because I've not got a SIM yet.

I was hoping for an answer before I commit..

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I guess it comes down to how long are you prepared to wait @TomMiller

iD Mobile don’t update the list that frequently, and their focus is always on handsets they sell with their contracts. I’d say that if “WiFi Calling” service is important to you, best use a handset that’s on the iD list.

Can iD add Wi-Fi call support for recent and new Sony Xperia flagship models such as Xperia V IV, Xperia V V, Xperia 1 V using Android 13? All the expensive Apple and Samsung phones are on the list so why not Sony?

Is Wi-Fi calls something that the carrier has to provision or is it a function provided by the OS that will be present and able to be switched on but has not been tested if the phone is not on the list?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Can iD add Wi-Fi call support for recent and new Sony Xperia flagship models such as Xperia V IV, Xperia V V, Xperia 1 V using Android 13? All the expensive Apple and Samsung phones are on the list so why not Sony?

Perhaps Sony devices might be listed, if Sony had a bigger UK smartphone market share, @PickleRick. Currently Apple and Samsung account for around 80% of the UK smartphone market, while Sony have less than 1% market share.

Perhaps Sony devices might be listed, if Sony had a bigger UK smartphone market share, @PickleRick. Currently Apple and Samsung account for around 80% of the UK smartphone market, while Sony have less than 1% market share.

Maybe, but is that an iD Mobile official response? As an iD Mobile SIM-only customer I’m requesting iD Mobile adds this support. Surely it can’t be difficult if Android OS already supports this function? If 1% of market share isn’t worth getting out of bed for, that makes iD Mobile look lazy in supporting its customers and pursuing the delivery of shareholder value.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Perhaps Sony devices might be listed, if Sony had a bigger UK smartphone market share, @PickleRick. Currently Apple and Samsung account for around 80% of the UK smartphone market, while Sony have less than 1% market share.

Maybe, but is that an iD Mobile official response? As an iD Mobile SIM-only customer I’m requesting iD Mobile adds this support. Surely it can’t be difficult if Android OS already supports this function? If 1% of market share isn’t worth getting out of bed for, that makes iD Mobile look lazy in supporting its customers and pursuing the delivery of shareholder value.

Maybe many UK MVNO businesses could be considered no-frills operations, focused on keeping their operating costs as low as possible. Perhaps customer and device support suffers as a result.

Just some personal thoughts @PickleRick, as a member of this user forum.

.. focused on keeping their operating costs as low as possible. Perhaps customer and device support suffers as a result.

@andewhite thanks for your personal thoughs. I do not doubt that iD Mobile’s customer support is lacking. After all, I’m on this forum asking.

As this is a forum on the topic of Wi-Fi calling, does this feature need iD Mobile to provision it on each phone model specifically and add them to the list, or, if the phone has Android 13 and is network unlocked, will Wi-Fi calling be available straight out of the box even if a phone is not on the list?

What a pleasant surprise. I was with virgin and couldn't get WiFi calling on my Realme 8. Virgin transferred me to O2 yesterday, and WiFi calling switched on! A bit of a surprise as my phone isn't on o2's list. I now get a solid signal indoors for the first time ever. Needless to say, I'm very happy ..

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @PickleRick 

It’s very possible that an unlisted device would work for features we don’t officially say work on it, however we wouldn’t be able to officially comment on it working, only to say it wouldn’t, you’re always welcome to try an iD Mobile SIM in a device we don’t have listed however we wouldn’t expect anything.

Tom

Unfortunately, not supporting Wi-Fi calling on my phone is a deal breaker. One of the reasons I moved to iD from Plusnet was that iD support Wi-Fi calling, while Plusnet does not. I did not check phone compatibility before switching, I just assumed it would work on my XZ1. I’m disappointed to find Wi-Fi calling does not work with my phone on iD Mobile, nor does it work with any of the newer Xperia phones I would consider upgrading to. So I’ll be off to Lebara, which does support Wi-Fi calling on XZ1, and on many more Sony Xperia models than iD mobile. Thank you for this forum thread. It has taken a while to work things out, and I wish I had found it before switching to iD, but it has been useful.

Wi-Fi calling is now provisioned and working on my Sony Xperia XZ1 with Lebara. I’ve noticed I get better 4G reception at home, which is useful even without Wi-Fi calling, as iD was frequently dropping out mid-call. An added benefit is the human customer service phone line that is answered without a long wait. Anyone looking for a UK MVNO that supports Wi-Fi calling on many Sony Xperia phone models might find this useful.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @PickleRick 

Glad to hear this thread helped you come to a decision here.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I've recently (re)joined iD Mobile again. Very happy with coverage on 3, and the ability to use WiFi calling - tried today by turning airplane mode on. Works perfectly 👍👌

However, I'd like to know about 4G calling. I obviously found the settings for WiFi calling but can't see any 4G (or voLTE) settings on my Google Pixel 6 (fully up to date). Am I missing something, or should there be an option in settings somewhere?

I'm currently on SIM only deal.

Thanks 

Userlevel 1

In addition to my query above - I'm wondering whether 4G calling (VoLTE) is automatically provisioned, with no settings to view or edit after all?

I dialed   *#*#4636#*#*  to view the phone information, and "VoLTE provisioned" is greyed out and automatically turned ON. Same with WiFi calling = ON.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @boothy99 

The Pixel 6 should work just fine with Wi-Fi and 4G calling while on iD Mobile, I don’t see an option in my device for it (Pixel 7 Pro, similar/same software), I’m unsure Google show the option there.

Have you tried using it to see if it does work despite there being no option in the settings?

Tom

Userlevel 1

Hi Tom 👋

Thanks for your reply 👍

When I tried WiFi calling (forced on with airplane mode turned on), the information on the call screen displayed "WiFi call". However, I'm not sure whether the same should happen if I'm on a 4G VoLTE call or whether it'll just display "iD Mobile" - which I've seen so far. Thanks for letting me know there's no option on your Google Pixel 6 Pro too. Perhaps it's just automatically set & works without interferrence? Let me know if your screen suggests 4G / VoLTE or just "iD Mobile".

Cheers,

Dave.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @boothy99,

Is your software up to date on the handset?

It may be worth contacting Google if you are unable to locate it in your settings.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?