Solved

Calls going straight to voicemail

• 22 April 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello all. Calls are going straight to my voicemail all of a sudden. 

I was expecting an NHS call yesterday that failed to come until they called my landline and informed me. 

I've since missed other calls too. 

I can make calls OK and I just found out I can receive calls if I switch on mobile data. Does this mean it's a problem in my area? 

I've taken out my sim and put it back. I've reset network, I've restarted phone, used airplane mode etc but still no calls. 

Can anyone help? Many thanks. 

icon

Best answer by andewhite 22 April 2023, 11:54

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @Dirk_68, you might be in an area where Three UK (iD Mobile’s network partner) have turned off their 3G network.

Without a 3G network you’ll need mobile data on to make and receive calls.

Three UK are scheduled to complete switch off of their 3G network across the UK by end of 2024.

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the response. I have just been able to make a call without mobile data being switched on, but then 5 minutes later I can't make a call to my mobile again! It's very strange. It seems to be very hit and miss.

First time on here and I'm making a mess of using the interface. Apologies 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Try using the iD WiFi calling service at your location if you’ve got a Wi-Fi network available.

Userlevel 1

I've checked three network and 3g is still functioning here in my area. 

Try using the iD WiFi calling service at your location if you’ve got a Wi-Fi network available.

I'm not sure what that is. But I will try and find out. Do you know if I get charged or it uses my data to receive calls via mobile data? 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

No extra charge for iD WiFi Calling service.
Any usage comes out of your plan allowances.

Userlevel 1

Thank you for that. I appreciate your help and input.

However I am test calling my phone using another mobile and I'm finding that sometimes my phone receives the call ok on mobile data and other times not at all. And now I'm finding it sometimes works normally through signal . I cannot understand what's happening.

It's not three network and 3g. This morning it wouldn't work at all now it's intermittent.

Any other ideas? Sorry to be a pain. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Dirk_68,

Can you please test the SIM in another handset and see if the same issue occurs?

Have you checked the coverage in your area?

What currently shows for indoor and outdoor?

Kash

Why iD Mobile?