Question

can't send text sms messages at all

Userlevel 1

Hello would be grateful if someone can advise me on this problem.

I got a new phone at the weekend but I can't text from my id sim . I can receive texts , voice, data all ok but not send a text. Having full signal coverage makes no difference. If I take the sim card out and put it in a simple 'dumb' phone I can send texts ok. My new phone sends texts over the O2 network with no problems.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

Andy

10 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Have you tried a Network Reset @Andy1? 

Userlevel 1

Yes tried that.

Userlevel 1

I just tried a 3 sim, I can text from 3 sim to id sim but not the other way round???

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Andy1, I guess in that case:

1. You might have a damaged or faulty iD SIM card.
  2. Your number transfer, to iD Mobile, might not have been completed properly (split-port).
  3. Your handset device ID has been linked to the initial iD Mobile number, linked with the iD SIM card supplied with your order, by Apple (iPhone) or Google (Android).
    This can happen with a new handset, if used with the iD SIM card, before you transfer the number you want to keep to iD Mobile. 

The following could help, otherwise you’ll need to ‘speak’ to iD for assistance.

Userlevel 1

Thanks.

I'll try a new sim card, the old one worked fine until I put it in the new phone (I broke the old one). Maybe I damaged the sim card inserting it into the new phone.

I just hope swapping my number over to a new sim won't require sending a text to get a pac code? 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You can only use a PAC to transfer a number from one service provider to another service provider. 

Once you activate a replacement iD SIM, you get the same number.

Userlevel 1

Well that's a relief. 

Hopefully a new sim will sort the problem.

Many thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Andy1,

Let us know what happens so we can troubleshoot further.

Do you have an Android or an iPhone?

You mentioned that it worked fine in a basic phone so it could be iMessage or Chat Features that needs updating in the settings to show the correct number.

You can try turning OFF iMessage/Chat Features then restarting and testing to verify if the text sends.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Ok I got a replacement sim and the problem is solved now. Puzzling why the old sim texted fine from a dumb phone but not my new smart phone. I guess maybe I damaged the sim in some small way trying to insert it in the new phone.

All's ok now so thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Andy1 

Glad to hear that a replacement SIM has solved this, let us know if you need anything else.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?