Question

I can not receive any text or calls since porting

• 9 October 2023
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 1

Dear Community,

Anyone experience issue with porting? Is been 1 week since porting and i can not receive any text or calls. I tried live chat, facebook chat....seems that they can not sort out my problem. I desperately need my old phone number. Is a new contract with ID and i just don't know how they work ....shall return the phone and stop contract....i keep contacting them, and always they said to wait...no one can say how long? I waited 1 week, but this become stressfull as i don't want to pay a 2 year contract without having the service. Anyone experience this problem? Did you manage to sort it out? Thanks!

12 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I ported a month ago no problem from EE. My eldest son did the same a week later. My youngest son hasn't done it yet as their online switching site is down. Not sure if this is affecting switches at the moment 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Doesn’t sound ideal @Lilia Luca

It might be less stressful to just return your order and leave iD. 

While everything is working iD are great, but if something does needs fixing iD can be very, very frustrating to deal with, and slow. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Lilia Luca,

Welcome to the Community!

What did the team advise via Facebook?

If there is a delay with the port we would need to waiting for the file exchange to take place.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Hello Kash! 

Team member advised to wait and said sorry! They just not helpfull at all. Porting started on 2nd of October...today is 10th and since then i can not sort out this problem. I had my number for 12 years and i am worried to loose it. In the same time my clients can't call me or text, which affects my job too. I tried today to cancel the contract and ask for PAC code, they said to wait until porting is finised.....but i can not afford to wait ages. No one can contact me since 2nd of October. This is just sooo frustrating and I don't know what to do! Never experienced such a bad situation. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Lilia Luca 

We understand your frustration with this, please keep contact with the team on Facebook as they’ll be able to continue assistance.

Tom

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Hello Kash! 

Team member advised to wait and said sorry! They just not helpfull at all. Porting started on 2nd of October...today is 10th and since then i can not sort out this problem. I had my number for 12 years and i am worried to loose it. In the same time my clients can't call me or text, which affects my job too. I tried today to cancel the contract and ask for PAC code, they said to wait until porting is finised.....but i can not afford to wait ages. No one can contact me since 2nd of October. This is just sooo frustrating and I don't know what to do! Never experienced such a bad situation. 

Who was your previous provider? Was it LYCAMOBILE?

Userlevel 1

Not Lycamobile. It was Giffgaf.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Lilia Luca,

Just checking if you still require assistance or if the Social Media Team have helped you out.

Please let us know here and we can assist further.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Hello Kash!

Yes i still need help, my problem was not sorted out. Media Team not helped. ID complaint team did nothing...since 2nd of October i can not receive any text or call. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Lilia Luca,

What did the team advise?

If it’s a port delay we would need to wait for the file exchange to take place from the old network.

Unfortunately we are unable to provide timescales but the team will work to have it resolved as soon as possible.

Kash

Userlevel 1

The team member said the same thing! But this is the 3rd week now and nothing is sorted out. Direct debit payment was taken, but i didn't have the service. This is a realy serious issue! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Lilia Luca 

I understand we’ve been in contact via social media about this, we unfortunately cannot accelerate the process ourselves, we’ll update you there when we can.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?