Question

Internet connection keeps dropping out.

• 26 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi there, can anyone shed some light on my issue?

I recently joined ID mobile on contract, and have found it good so far, with the exception of one thing.

At night (but also occasionally during the day) my internet drops. If I’m on Facebook for example, it comes up with a message at the bottom saying not connected to network, followed by another message saying connection restored. Constantly, like every 5 seconds or so changing from one to the other. I can’t play live games because of this issue either. 

I was with a provider before joining ID, which also uses the Three network, and never come across this problem. I used my old sim in my new phone for a couple of days whilst waiting for my number to change over,  and it didn’t do it then. 
I have a full signal and 5g and it still does it. Practically every night. I’m lost!

Thanks for any help in advance!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Carl Sherwood 

Sorry to hear this, have you tried switching from 5G to 4G? This may be a more reliable, consistent connection.

Please could you let us know the postcode(s) where this happens?

Tom

Hi Tom, thanks for the reply. 
I tried switching to 4g but it hasn’t really made any difference. 
I can’t really give a specific postcode because it just does it anywhere, no matter what reception my phone is showing. I work nights otherwise I could probably live with the issue. 
I was working in London last night and it was still doing it.

I was wondering if it could possibly be an issue with the  SIM card? I may try getting a monthly ID sim and paying for one month to see if it works ok.

I’ve just realised that the phone actually disconnects and reconnects during the day too, it just doesn’t seem to be as often. Maybe that’s something to do with me being connected to WiFi 🤷🏻‍♂️

Kind regards

Carl

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Carl Sherwood 

Okay, if this happens everywhere you go this sounds more like a device or physical SIM card issue, we’d recommend trying your SIM card in another device and/or trying a replacement SIM card.

You’ll be able to pick up a replacement SIM card at any Currys store and activate it via the iD Mobile app/website.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?