Solved

No SIM, No Service..pls help!

• 17 June 2023
  • 5 replies

I switched from EE to iDMobile last week. Inserted the new SIM but get ‘No SIM, No Service’ every time. Tried the SIM in another phone and I get ‘No Sim’. Tried every workaround that I can find, but no success.

I went down to my local Currys for a new SIM but they couldn’t even log into their systems to give me one. Wasted journey.

I can’t use the iDMobile live chat function as it just goes to the Bot (why?).

So I am without a phone, other than wifi. Please help urgently..

icon

Best answer by andewhite 19 June 2023, 18:59

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @AJE,

Welcome to the Community!

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Finally got my SIM working today after receiving a speedy replacement. I think the first one was broken but the key thing seems to be that you need to contact customer services via Live Chat (if it’s working) to activate your SIM!

Maybe I’m a tech idiot, but it doesn’t say this anywhere in the emails or forms, and the packaging that comes with the SIm just says ‘“Pop your SIM out and start using it”. That’s absolutely not true!

Anyway, relived to be connected at last.

idMobile, you need to make it clear what you have to do to activate your SIM..!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Worked for me without this necessity; once network saw the SIM, SMS received with the number etc.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Finally got my SIM working today after receiving a speedy replacement. I think the first one was broken but the key thing seems to be that you need to contact customer services via Live Chat (if it’s working) to activate your SIM!

Maybe I’m a tech idiot, but it doesn’t say this anywhere in the emails or forms, and the packaging that comes with the SIm just says ‘“Pop your SIM out and start using it”. That’s absolutely not true!

iD send their new customers an activated SIM card, because iD begin billing from the date the SIM is dispatched.

Replacement iD SIM cards are not active when dispatched to customers, and require activation before they’ll work.

If you’re unlucky enough to get a dud SIM as a new customer, your replacement will need to be activated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @AJE,

This is true for new contract purchases as SIMs are activated on dispatch but not for replacement SIMs as these need to be activate manually.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?