Question

Old SIM turned off, iD Mobile SIM still showing new number

• 16 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I’ve done the process of inputting my PAC code into the switching webpage on Sunday 14th August.

My old sim has now deactivated today.

However my new sim is still showing the number supplied by ID, rather than my old number.

Please help?

Many thanks, Nicole

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Niicole Campbell, normally the number port would be completed by 5pm, on the date you were given by iD for your switch - it can also sometimes takes longer.

1. Have you turned your handset with the iD SIM OFF for at least 15 minutes?
  2. If not try step (1), otherwise try a network reset.

The procedure for a network reset will be explained in the user guide for your handset.

Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Niicole Campbell 

The old SIM should only turn off once the port has completed to go over to iD Mobile. If the iD Mobile temporary number is still showing I’d recommend checking the iMessage settings (on iPhone) or Chat Features settings (on Android) to make sure these aren’t still attaching themselves to the temp number!

For iMessage;

1) Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages)

2) Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)

3) Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct.

4) If it is not correct, please enter the correct number

5) Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)

6) Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under "Start new conversations from:"

If you are having issues with the above please retry with flight mode enabled and/or the SIM card removed.

For Android;

If you open your Messaging app and click Settings > Chat Features does it show the correct number?

If it shows the incorrect one, then head to: https://messages.google.com/disable-chat and you should be able to de-register the number. Once done, turn off the Chat Features and the phone.

Wait a few minutes and turn the device back on and re-enable Chat Features it should let you re-register/update to the correct number.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?