Solved

showing wrong number

• 5 April 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have transferred my number over to ID 24hrs ago and when people text me or call me it works fine but when I text or call people it shows the old ID phone number

icon

Best answer by mitts 6 April 2023, 09:31

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If you’re using an Android device @mitts, this is happening because Google have registered the initial number from iD (before transferring your to-keep number), as being linked to your device.

Fixing this specific texting issue can sometimes be problematic and time consuming.

Though a Network Reset might fix the wrong number showing when you’re calling people.

Userlevel 2
Badge

If you’re using an Android device @mitts, this is happening because Google have registered the initial number from iD (before transferring your to-keep number), as being linked to your device.

Fixing this specific issue can be problematic and time consuming.

HI thanks for letting me know, luckily I have only been with ID for 2 days so I will pop into curry's tomorrow and cancel my contract with ID as this is too much hassle 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

You’re going to have the issue no matter what network you port to @mitts. You need to disable chat features on your mobile phone (android) and wait a few moments before enabling it again.

Userlevel 2
Badge

You’re going to have the issue no matter what network you port to @mitts. You need to disable chat features on your mobile phone (android) and wait a few moments before enabling it again.

I have ported my number a few times now and never had this before

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Then you either didn’t have chat features enabled previously or you didn’t insert the new SIM until after your number was ported over.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Then you either didn’t have chat features enabled previously or you didn’t insert the new SIM until after your number was ported over.

You could well be right it was a few years back now so cannot remember, I have turned chat features off and it shows the correct number now when I send so I will just leave it off as not fussed about having it on as it does not seem to do anything I care about, thanks for the help apart from these teething issues the network seems good and the price for 10gb package is very hard to beat

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Chat features uses data to send and receive text messages. This allows you to send pictures, videos and audio messages at no cost to you. With it turned off any of the above will be sent via MMS at a cost to you and is subject to various restrictions such as file size etc.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Chat features uses data to send and receive text messages. This allows you to send pictures, videos and audio messages at no cost to you. With it turned off any of the above will be sent via MMS at a cost to you and is subject to various restrictions such as file size etc.

Thank you I have took that on board and managed to find a way of fixing the issue so now it's sending the correct number, must say people on here are very helpful

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@mitts,

Glad to hear that you managed to get it sorted.

If you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?